Sales Engineers play a major role in Duda's sales organization and are critical to deal success. Working side-by-side with sales, the Sales Engineer is responsible for presenting the Duda product in the most relevant and best light to prospects and customers to invoke confidence in the technology and integration capabilities of the platform. Duda customers share common use cases, but rarely share the exact same implementation path or business needs. The Sales Engineer will listen to the business needs of a prospect and map those to specific capabilities of the Duda platform. In doing so, the Sales Engineer becomes a trusted technical advisor for the prospect during their evaluation phase of Duda and ensures they are on the best integration path.
Please note: We are currently working remotely, but plan on returning to a hybrid office model (3 days in the office, 2 days remote) when it's safe to do so. Our office is in Louisville, Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Working with Prospects/Customers
- Own the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use the Duda platform to achieve (and often exceed) their goals
- Gain prospect confidence with excellent communication and presentations
- Adopt a “Listen first” approach to forming a deeper understanding of business needs and the problems prospects are trying to solve
- Ask probing questions to fully understand the business needs of prospects and discover the best possible solution for their success
- Willingly push back on customers when it is in their best interest; be comfortable with difficult conversations
- Support partners drive toward customer acceptance of the technical proposal, leading to a commercial proposal and eventual commercial agreement.
- Build and present customized proof of concept demos of the Duda platform providing the most relevant illustration for a prospect
- Take full responsibility for the technical aspects of the sales cycle
- Work with the sales representative to drive any discovery into the prospect’s business needs
- Own the technical handoff of a new customer to the Account Management and Implementation team
- Identify the difference between a one-off product enhancement for a single prospect versus an enhancement that benefits multiple partners.
- Work with Product on the prioritization of these enhancements backing up each enhancement request with data
- Educate other members of the organization on technical uses of the Duda platform and evangelize recently released features and functionality
- Identify gaps in technical documentation
- Provide first drafts for any new technical documentation to help further the success of prospects and their integrations
- Work with R&D to test new features and APIs before general release
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Experience serving in the capacity of a Technical Sales Engineer, Solution Architect and/or Pre-Sales Engineer for a SaaS company or equivalent experience in a customer/partner facing role
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches both remotely and on-site
- Ability to travel as required
- Passion for keeping up with the latest trends in frontend development and website development (ex. JS frameworks, SEO Schema, GraphQL, etc...)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unlimited PTO/vacation, top-tier health benefits, 401(k), education reimbursement, dog friendly offices and lunches.
- A supportive, agile and creative work environment with great colleagues!
- Competitive compensation, on-going recognition, and most of all, a chance to learn, contribute and develop your skills.
- Opportunity to join an explosive industry, a successful and growing organization and an unmatched leadership team, passionate about their employees!
- Most of all we will give you fun, enthusiasm, support, a passion for healthy living, and never a dull moment!
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. When meeting the requirements, the minimum of what you can expect for this position is a total compensation of $120,000. The actual offer will vary depending on the candidate's skills and competencies.