At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
What do a grocery store, early stage e-commerce startup, and Fortune 500 insurance company all have in common? They are all Flatfile customers, for one.
Regardless of segment or geography, accessing usable data quickly is a baseline requirement for operating your business today. Flatfile serves as a crucial bridge between messy, 3rd party data and our customers’ systems. We call this data onboarding, and we view it as both a challenge and an opportunity to serve every company in the world.
Want to join us?
We're not just looking for someone to punch a clock. We crave your diverse perspective and your desire to solve the most unique challenges at the intersection of data and design.About the role:
As a Sales Development Representative at Flatfile you will be a key member of the team building personal relationships and making our prospective customers successful, while driving sales through engaging with inbound and outbound leads.
You’ll wear a suit some days and flip-flops others. You’ll be talking to CEOs and CSMs, engineers and designers, as they come to Flatfile looking for a solution to their data onboarding problems. And your primary responsibility will be guiding each individual’s interaction with Flatfile towards a successful outcome.
Practically speaking, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Initiating first steps in the sales cycle by scheduling meetings with prospective clients
- Qualifying and prioritizing inbound leads generated by marketing
- Running discovery conversations with prospects to assess need and willingness to pay
- Identifying and sourcing a large volume of new prospects through outbound channels like email and phone
- Work alongside an account executive to close qualifying leads and prospects
- Tracking all activity in CRM and related systems
- Collaborating directly with the our Go To Market lead quality
- Delivering relevant information from the market back to the Product team to drive prioritization decisions
- 1+ years of professional work experience, ideally working for a technology or software company
- You’re passionate about technology and providing a world-class customer experience
- You are comfortable on asking detailed questions of stakeholders at all levels inside of a business, and have a proven track record of turning those conversations into successful outcomes
- You are client focused – the desire and ability to understand the drivers of client needs
- You are detail oriented and have strong written communication and documentation skills
- You are confident, competitive, thorough, flexible, resilient, and tenacious
- You are excited about managing multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are independently accountable for commitments and delivering the best performance by intelligent prioritization
Your success will be dependent on your enthusiasm for the problem space, ability to learn about the market quickly, and deft balancing of strategic and technical initiatives to drive customer adoption and purchase of Flatfile. You’ll play a pivotal role in the growth of our business.
- We look for great teammates (not just great individuals). We’re team-focused here: we want to be the type of place where you’re surrounded by the best people in your career, where we all make each other better.
- The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top of the line hardware.
- Unlimited discretionary vacation, and recommend a minimum of 3 weeks
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (including Vision and Dental), with fully covered options for you and your dependents
- 24/7 access to a Health Advocate
- Free annual membership to One Medical in participating regions
- Short term disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k retirement plan, with 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
- Equity options
- Salary: $50,000 annually
- Sales Commission & Equity: this role is eligible to earn commissions and equity options
Our goal is to be the best remote company in the world. We take this very seriously, and aim to treat every employee like a million dollar hire.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.