Sales Development Representative
Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail, healthcare, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
A sales development representative will help generate and facilitate sales for Hotel Engine. They will be involved in initiating contact with potential customers through phone calls, known as outbound prospecting/cold-calling, or may respond to inquiries that are generated through advertisements, known as inbound lead follow-up. It's common for SDRs to communicate with potential customers by phone and by email, although they may also meet with potential customers. Their objective is to identify the potential needs of the customer, qualify their interest and viability along with qualify new users who request access to the Hotel Engine platform, and create a relationship that will help drive the sale.
SDRs may set up in-person meetings, or they may arrange for other methods of communication, such as an email follow-up or a phone call. Their objective is to effectively and efficiently connect potential customers to sales staff so that their company profits through sales. Their duties also involve following up with people who expressed interest but have not purchased goods or services. Ultimately, they aim to expand the customer base for their company.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up to date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
Sales development representatives must have strong communication skills so that they can effectively interact with potential customers and sales staff. They need teamwork skills to ensure that they work as an effective part of the sales team. Customer service skills are important since the success of their role depends on meeting customer needs. Analytical skills can be crucial because they can help them determine which products will be most suited to the customer's needs and identify the salesperson who is most knowledgeable about those
products. They need good time management skills so that they can meet outreach targets and respond to queries as efficiently as possible.
Required Education & Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours
- Paid gym membership
- Free organic fruit, snacks, and beverages
- Relaxed office and dress code
- Free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- Unmatched views of the Rocky Mountains