Sales Development Representative
Gusto is on a mission to provide delightful, modern payroll to businesses everywhere. We’re proud to have built a product that our customers love.
One of our best strategies for charging toward this mission is to bring on more customers so that we can aid them in expanding their impact. We are looking for people who are inspired by this mission and would be excited to tell this story to prospective customers.
The Sales Development Representative role is a first point of contact for many of our new customers. This team spends much of their day on the phone calling small business owners who are not currently Gusto customers, to set them up our Account Execute sales teams who will consult with those business owners and help them become customers. The Sales Development team is politely persistent and cheerfully competitive.
Here’s what you would be doing day-to-day:
- Manage a high volume of outbound calls daily to cold & warm prospects (100+ per day)
- Employ our highly consultative, non-pushy sales methodology
- Resilience. You will face rejection often. You must be resilient and know that each rejection brings you closer to your next success
- Quickly assess the quality of a prospect to determine the viability of sales opportunities
- Become an expert on our technology and our target markets
- Set up product demonstration appointments for our Account Executive teams
- Achieve monthly metrics, and weekly and daily targets
- Work closely with your People Empowerer to constantly improve as a sales person
- Build strong networks in and outside the Gusto organization
- Collaborate with the team to improve our processes and add efficiencies for the team
- Adapt to changes in your process - we are always testing new ideas
- 1-2 Years in similar sales or development role required
- Ability to work in a fast paced SaaS Environment
- Ability to quickly develop relationships and establish credibility through consultative needs based conversation
- Ability to think on your feet to creatively solve our prospects’ business needs
- Exceptional and persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable meeting and exceeding monthly quotas and handling rejections
- Must have a positive attitude, confident, and desire to be the best
- Experience with Salesforce.com is preferred
- Reliable, strong and positive work ethic
- Strong organization and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Service
- Passion for small businesses
- Prior experience in sales and with sales tools like CRM, Gsuite and Slack
This position is located at our Denver, CO office.