Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
As a business development manager focused on national accounts you will be responsible for building and managing our distribution partner network that has a national presence. The role is accountable for the identification and development of new partnerships while managing and strengthening existing relationships. This is an exciting opportunity to come into a commercial insurance provider that is disrupting insurance for small businesses.
This role is a remote position and as a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. We will consider this role for continued remote work within the United States once our offices reopen with up to 20% travel to Denver and/or DC.
How You’ll Do It
A majority of Pie’s future premium is expected to come from partners, with the greatest growth opportunities coming from national accounts. National accounts include national agencies (retail and wholesale), aggregators, clusters or national program opportunities. Managing these partners requires a strength in strategic planning to maximize the growth and relationship between the partner and Pie. As an extension of Pie, these distribution partners must operate with a customer first mentality and share Pie’s goal for disciplined profitable underwriting.
-Recruit national accounts and gain an in depth understanding of the organizational structure and needs to ensure a successful partnership.
-Develop and implement strategic plans to drive premium growth for new and current national partnerships
-Work across teams and collaborate with stakeholders to establish best practices and innovative ways to strategically align ourselves with our national partners.
-Forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
-Represent Pie in meetings with distribution partners, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
-Use sales CRM to track all distribution partner communication, action items, revenue potential, etc.
-Assist in the constant improvement of business development, partner management, and onboarding processes.
-Establish a positive distribution team culture leveraging the Pie values.
The Right Stuff
- 6+ years of experience in a sales role required.
- 2+ years in Workers Compensation and/or national account sales preferred.
- Proven ability to drive significant revenue generation results from distribution partners.
- Experience successfully developing and managing national accounts, whether; national wholesale or retail agencies, aggregators, clusters, or other strategic partners that have the opportunity to provide a national presence.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with key distribution partners.
- Thorough understanding of insurance business financials.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and represent Pie professionally, both internally and externally.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Base Compensation Range for position: $110,000 - $125,000
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The OTE is approximately $175,000, and is based on successfully meeting standard metrics and key productivity indicators.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding