Manager, Sales Development at Snowflake
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Over the past year, Snowflake Computing has climbed from #88 to #17 on Forbes’ Cloud 100 List. To keep up with our growth, we're looking for a Sales Development Manager in our growing North American market to keep our top of funnel full and manage a team of SDRs.
Independent analysts forecast that the global data warehousing market will grow by 150% over the next 4 years. Due to our product design and disruptive pricing, Snowflake Computing is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this booming market. In short, Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are seeking a Team Lead/Manager to manage a team of Sales Development Representatives focused on prospecting, qualification, setting qualified meetings, and generating pipeline with prospective new logo customers and by going deeper and wider within existing enterprise customers. The Team Lead/Manager drives performance by effectively managing the team toward meeting and/or exceeding monthly and quarterly objectives. The Team Lead/Manager will be aligned to an enterprise region that may include various sales segments like Federal or LATAM.
- Leads through inspiration and service leadership with a “Leaders Eat Last” and “Results-Driven” approach.
- Coaches individuals on opportunity qualification, productivity, time management, and meeting established activity objectives and quotas.
- Collaborates closely with sales and sales leadership to coordinate account planning, progress to pipeline goals and revenue goals are on track.
- Participates and present regularly in regional meetings and QBRs; communicating weekly and monthly activities and achievements; troubleshooting issues and providing weekly/monthly reports.
- Collaborates with Sales Enablement team to ensure quick and effective on-boarding for new hires, systems training, account alignment and integration in the regional field team.
- Collaborates with Field Marketing and Field Sales to develop campaigns to drive more engagement with regions.
- Monitors adherence to SLAs and meeting and exceeding benchmark conversion rate.
- Conducts weekly 1:1 and group coaching by listening to calls and providing feedback; leading regular team meetings that include pitch practice and forecasting.
- Understands Snowflake’s architecture and stays up-to-date on competitive landscape, partner ecosystems, case studies and more.
- Strong knowledge and application of Snowflakes’ Command of Message.
- Coach and develop the next generation of Snowflake Corporate Account Executives.
An Ideal Candidate:
- Team-player mentality, mature, hard-working, accountable with business acumen, professionalism, and the ability to be authoritative when necessary
- 2+ years direct sales management and/or sales development management within enterprise software companies
- Must possess strong oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills and have experience developing strong internal and external business relationships across various functions and departments
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, assertiveness, adapts quickly to change, and as a catalyst influencing others
- Ability to identify and address roadblocks to success, identify gaps, and suggest solutions. See something broken? Fix it.
- Robust Salesforce.com analysis and reporting skillset Familiar with Outreach.io, DiscoverOrg, Sales Navigator
- Plus if experience includes selling Big Data, Cloud Computing, IoT, etc.
- Plus if trained in Force Management sales methodology
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description