Manager, Business Development at Vertafore
The primary responsibility of the position is to drive revenue growth by driving & owning the Central Sales Lead Management Process. This people management role focuses on sales performance initiatives for the Business Development (BDR) organization, through establishing and refining processes to create qualified sales opportunities. The BDR Manager leads a team of 10-15 individuals and reports to the VP of Central Sales.
The BDR organization is a vital link between Marketing and Sales, and the BDR Manager must be able to plan, train & coach, mentor team members, and supervise BDR staff. This role has thorough knowledge of the organization's products/services, and can partner with Marketing to execute campaigns, programs, and closed-loop business & sales development activities. The BDR Manager also works closely with the entire Vertafore Segment Sales organization to ensure that BDR staff provide adequate support to the field. BDR Manager is a key leader in the Central Sales organization and is responsible for market development, setting targets, relationship development between marketing, products, finance, and the BDR team, and ensuring that Opportunities & Revenue are generated.
- Lead and drive the activities of BDR sales team, including hiring, coaching, developing talent, team culture and performance management in a Saas, and Software Bookings revenue environment.
- Build and refine Lead Management and reporting processes as part of continuous improvement efforts.
- Possess a deep understanding of Salesforce.com and other key Marketing Automation technologies for lead management such as Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, Hubspot, Act-on etc.
- Knowledge and working understanding of the latest Sales Development (SDR) and Business Development tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Product teams to execute campaigns that ensure lead quality and quantity with proper closed-loop metric reporting.
- Regularly report on team and individual results: pipeline, conversion rates, and quarterly performance.
- Collaborate with internal sales operations stakeholders on reporting and analysis.Identify and make recommendations for improvement in sales productivity.
- Chart and Deliver timely and accurate forecasting and pipeline management.
- Collaborate with other internal organizations and coordinate internal resources as needed.
- Ensure CRM tools and Vertafore value-selling methodologies are leveraged to process and track opportunities.
- Direct team with corporate goals and use SMART goals to deliver results.
- Encourage innovation by exchanging new ideas to improve operation and efficiency within sales and the supporting organizations.
• Successfully mastered the following skills: Sales Management, aggressive cold/warm calling, prospecting, product demonstration and closing.
• At least 4 years of related experience with at least 1-2 years of management experience
• Proven success in professional sales, preferably in enterprise solutions selling within the Financial Services industry, which includes insurance.
• Operational knowledge of various Windows based application programs and current Internet technologies.
• Self-motivated, ability to work independently and motivate a team.
• Management of pipelines, territories, forecasting and processes.
• Experience with coaching and mentoring.