Key Account Manager at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary purpose of the position:
Manages the sales function as directed.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Supports and coordinates execution of initiatives led by functional experts.
- Anticipates challenges, e.g. shortages, downtime, as well as opportunities, e.g. new sizes, configuration, product, and proactively manages internal resources to resolution/opportunity capture.
- Addresses logistics issues that are elevated to commercial disputes.
- Sets account strategy; supports and coordinates execution of initiatives led by functional experts; identifies and pitches opportunities for value growth (new business) and initiatives (current business).
- Negotiates settlement of large claims, e.g. quality, obsolete inventory, other, as needed.
- Negotiates customer contracts and renewals.
- Prices non-contract sales, per tiers.
- Manages customer/customer forecast to campaigns for relevant items.
- Monitors and identifies risks; inventory key indicators for accounts.
- Monitors and manages obsolete inventory; point of escalation from supply chain regarding disputes.
- Quantifies freight implications associated with brokering or order non-acceptance.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field acquired through college.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance. MBA preferred.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum, 5 years preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: sales and marketing principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, production practices, legal practices, business principles and practices, and the international market.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,00 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans