Insurance Broker at Parsyl
Parsyl is a technology company that delivers IoT enabled supply chain visibility and insurance solutions for shippers and suppliers of pharmaceuticals, perishable foods and other sensitive goods. We were founded with the mission to improve lives and save money by providing a better way to understand the quality of goods we all rely on, from the foods we eat to the medicines we need. We are working to achieve this by combining smart sensors, data insights, and comprehensive cargo insurance coverage to improve risk resiliency and safeguard goods in transit and storage.
If you’re a team player and would be excited to join a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?”- we’re looking for you.
We are looking for someone who is excited about joining an early-stage, high-growth company and comfortable in a fast-paced setting. You will play a critical role in the early stages of this growing line of business.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast-growing startup, you will play a critical role leading and growing Parsyl’s new cargo insurance business. You will help Parsyl deliver and scale its data driven, industry leading coverage for perishable goods, including its unprecedented effort to insure Covid-19 vaccines and childhood immunizations to people around the world. You will drive the day to day risk servicing operations, handling marine cargo insurance submissions from start to finish, providing market-beating customer service at all stages of the journey. You channel your passion for solving complex problems into providing unique coverage solutions for prospective and current insurance clients.
You will work closely with our leadership, underwriting and product teams to support risk submission and policy administration, and optimize operations as we build this exciting new insurance business.
You are equally comfortable interfacing with prospective clients, retail brokers and underwriting partners, and can navigate what it means to act as a retail broker or wholesale broker depending on what the situation calls for.
What you’ll get to work on:
- Servicing marine cargo risk submissions from start to finish (quote through bind, including working with clients to secure necessary information), ensuring unequaled customer service at all stages of the process
- Developing a strong understanding of clients' businesses in the interest of successfully anticipating, addressing and advocating for their unique coverage needs
- Comfort interfacing both with Insureds and other brokers - you’ll wear retail or wholesale broker hats, depending on the risk submission
- Developing and sustaining trusting relationships with colleagues and partners overseas
- Presenting coverage options to prospective clients, including creating necessary presentation materials - you know how to develop and execute a narrative that lands a win
- Identifying opportunities for customer and broker education; helping create said materials based on feedback you gather from prospective and current clients
- Working closely with Parsyl’s executive team and directly contributing to build an innovative new product from the ground up.
- Keeping tabs on market trends and movement to continually anticipate where Parsyl should provide market-differentiating coverage and/or expand book of business
- Cross-functional collaboration with Parsyl colleagues - you’ll attend Sales, Product, and Account Management meetings and know how to tactfully advocate for needs related to your workstreams
- 8+ years of experience in insurance; strong preference for background as marine cargo account manager or broker
- Professional and tactful negotiation and communication skills - written and verbal, and both internally and externally with partners
- Aptitude for critical thinking to understand and meet client needs
- You are as excited by strategic risk thinking as you are by delving into the weeds and understand that success in this role will include both
- Can-do attitude; willingness to have your ideas and opinions challenged
- Bias for action and self-starting where next steps may be unclear
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, and to work outside “normal work hours” to interface with external partners in different time zones, if needed
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Willingness to step outside job function to ensure customers are receiving a best-in-class experience
- Comfort with the concept of “ruthless prioritization”
- Comfort “Googling it” if you don’t get it
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google product suites and willingness to adapt to whatever tool gets the job done
Bonus if you have experience/background in
- Brokering Marine Cargo policies
- Experience working with Lloyds of London and the London insurance market.
- Advising clients on risk management practices
- Perishable commodity risks
Qualities We Look For:
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Humility -- You approach your work with humility and a willingness to collaborate and learn from those around you in order to produce the best outcome.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available