Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
We will consider this role for continued remote work once our offices reopen.
How You’ll Do It
As an Inside Sales Rep, you’ll be responsible for the growth of our direct customer channel while working with small business owners to provide them the support they need. Our sales team is flexible and adaptable as we navigate challenges and rapidly problem-solve in service of our awe-inspiring mission!
Build relationships and sales with Direct Customers
- You will be calling leads from our lead database, setting appointments, and maintaining our lead and prospect systems.
- You will take inbound calls (and some outbound) from warm leads, prospects who want to talk to us (no cold calling).
- Further qualify prospects through a series of questions to understand their business needs.
Policy sales and closing
- Partner with the underwriting team to ensure policy can be written.
- Present policy and close deal.
The Right Stuff
- 1 year of inside sales experience (commercial insurance sales is required), ideally in a high-volume transactional environment.
- Ability to move quickly from task to task and adapt to a fast changing environment
- Organizational and attention to detail skills are essential in this position
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour with OTE of $75,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance raises an additional $118M in funding
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding