Global Head of Zoom Phone - Solutions Engineering
Who we are:
Zoom is a company driven by our unique culture and focus on delivering happiness to our customers. By focusing on happy employees and happy customers, we have experienced amazing growth and success. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture, focus on teamwork and fun environment makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization and we need more amazing “Zoomies” to join the team! If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
Roles & Responsibilities
The Head of Global Zoom Phone Solutions Engineering is an exciting and rewarding position. We are looking for a dynamic leader with deep UCaaS experience who can lead, build and scale the Global Zoom Phone SE team.
We are looking for someone with a combination of strong technical skills and a dedication to solving complex organizational challenges.
We are looking for the right person who can collaborate with a team of engineers in several technical and organizational areas to help build out our organization’s capacity. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
This Senior Leadership role will be tasked with leading a complex and challenging global engineering organization. Leave your ego at the door, we are looking for a leader who wants to make everyone around them better. They must foster a culture of trust, teamwork and continued improvement both personally and professionally. They will also be responsible for serving as the business partner for the Head of Zoom Phone sales.
This leader will drive the overall direction and strategy for the Zoom Phone solutions engineering organization.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a background in telephony, video and applications sales, knowledge of Zoom communication platform (Chat, Meetings, Video, Phone, Marketplace/API) and/or competitive equivalent. In depth knowledge of Microsoft and application based competition is preferred. (Microsoft, Amazon, RingCentral, 8x8, Cisco, etc)
As the Head of Global Zoom Phone Solutions Engineering you will:
- Lead all SE Managers within the Zoom Phone designation
- Attract, coach, mentor and develop highly technical and driven leaders and team
- Serve as technical executive sponsor globally where required
- Set and execute the Zoom technical strategy for the Zoom Phone team
- Work with the Zoom Phone managers to build, execute and measure the teams functional impact
- Handle business, technical and personnel escalations from the team
- Work cross functionally with senior leadership to deliver results
There will be travel required in the territory stated above. We will greatly promote the use of the amazing Zoom tools we have to maximize all the resources at Zoom.
- Lead by example and influence, always from the front
- Work effectively across multiple leaders and departments
- Strong business acumen and executive presence
- SaaS Collaboration sales experience i.e. web conferencing, cloud voice, UCaaS
- Minimum 10 years experience in the Unified Collaborations industry
- Minimum 7 years leading a previous multi-layer technical presales organization
- Ability to present topics in a clear and concise manner to many levels of technical skill sets and audience sizes
- End-to-end IT systems knowledge
- Ability to discuss Business Objectives, Business Outcomes, TCO and ROI with customers
- Formulate and communicate a technical solution / vision
- Be flexible and able to function in a high growth environment
- 15+ years of technical experience
- 10+ years in a senior presales leadership role
- Thorough competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram