Director of Sales Operations at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Director of Sales Operations to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
As the leader of a high performing Sales Operations Team, you will impact our sales productivity including planning, compensation, reporting, and management of all sales processes. The pace is fast and rewarding as you will be solving the hardest problems in our products and processes, as we strive bring Ibotta Savers the best possible content.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Lead sales analytics and sales compensation.
- Lead the Sales Enablement function including sales event planning, content and collateral design.
- Work with the Sales Leadership Team and colleagues to enable accurate business planning and territory management, pipeline forecasting, and methodology adoption to track sales results with periodic metrics/KPI reporting and insights.
- Advise CRM (SFDC) implementation from a business perspective, supporting the organization in realizing best practices to support effective use of the system for leadership and sales management to ensure timely and appropriate processes to enhance sales results.
- Report on current and future quarter’s pipeline requirements per sales rep and region
- Establish procedures and systems to ensure order processes, tracking, opportunity identification, quotations, expenses, invoicing and billing.
- Support sales teams tactical execution with consultative support for client proposals, including preparation of RFP responses, developing negotiation strategies and financial models.
- Work with multiple stakeholder partners, such as Product and Marketing, to ensure delivery and execution of go-to-market strategy, product development and sales are aligned with business revenue goals.
- Develop, propose and administer consistent global sales targets and strategies, policies, business goals working with HR & Legal to ensure support to both corporate needs and regional requirements.
- Lead cross-functional groups to implement effective sales training programs, to create energy and ensure resources are enabled and appropriately skilled to perform.
- Build a cohesive team culture, ensuring consistent focus on talent management, employee engagement, and development, addressing areas of concern where required, with impactful succession plans, internal and external best in class candidate hiring and selection.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years experience in Sales Operations, Sales and Pricing Strategy
- Experience setting and managing compensation planning and performance reporting processes
- Experience leading pipeline management and progression reporting
- Knowledge and experience in pricing and deal reviews
- Technical Skills: Advanced Excel skills, Power BI/Tableau, Salesforce required. Basic knowledge of Outreach, Performio, and other related tools a plus
- Ensuring the teams are working within the SFDC CRM management system
- Bachelor’s/MBA degree or equivalent Accounting qualification
More About the Role
As Director of Sales Operations, you are responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of Ibotta’s sales processes and procedures. Working closely with the Sales, Marketing, Product and Operations teams, you ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
You are responsible for supporting the sales team to ensure their expected target margins are defined and met. You drive the CRM and other platform utilization and effectiveness, introducing KPIs and proactive pipeline build and management. By monitoring and ensuring continuous attention to our KPIs you are an enabler in increasing revenue and client retention rates. You ensure our fulfillment processes are run efficiently and that our products are priced aggressively and competitively.
The Director of Sales Operations also supports the SVPs of Sales in sales coverage and deployment in both existing markets and with new products and services. The role also works with other cross-functional partners, proactively communicating and networking through the team and a diverse set of product offerings. You will be building an understanding of the legal, accounting, and revenue recognition processes to ensure we drive a 100% compliant process.
You will lead our Sales Enablement team, delivering world class sales collateral, tools, and events to accelerate sales growth. As part of your role, you will continually learn and leverage new technologies, patterns, and practices. You solve complex, ever-changing problems across a large and growing product portfolio, being proactively involved in the due diligence of new product development.
This role must bring together pricing expertise, financial management experience and sales operations planning and execution to manage, mentor and support a team of sales operators, adopting proper tools and systems to provide strategic reporting and insight analysis to the executive team. Ideal candidates possess and apply a “can do” attitude and willingness to work in a new initiative environment and have demonstrated experience of constructing strategic plans and successfully executing against them with a collaboration mindset.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $100,000-$130,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race,color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status,gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handlingof data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well asreporting security incidents to the proper channels.