Director of Grocery Partnerships, Merchandising at Ibotta
Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new vertical invigorate you? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with some of the brightest minds in technology? Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading brands think about digital marketing. We are looking for a powerhouse Director to work with the biggest players in grocery retail to gain their support for our game-changing platform.
- Own the entire strategy and business development process for how Ibotta works with Grocery Retailers
- Gain leadership buy-in for your strategy and go-to-market plan
- Develop and deliver innovative presentations that educate grocery buyers, marketers and merchandisers on Ibotta’s value proposition and partnership opportunities
- Utilize data to sell in and negotiate partnerships with grocery retailers, garnering their support for Ibotta campaigns that will be running in their stores
- Work with leadership to establish appropriate targets and beat those targets through the development, advancement, and closure of partnerships
- As a Player-Coach, lead, mentor and develop a team of Shopper Marketing Experts
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships between Ibotta and grocery retailers
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept relationship management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams, including the CPG sales team, to ensure that our relationships with retailers are driving expected results for our brand partners
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 7+ years of national B2B business development experience in Shopper Marketing, CPG or Grocery, including 2+ years people managing.
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex, enterprise sales process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur and to use creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- A strong competitive spirit with a high team orientation
- Well organized, with experience in CRM software
- Humility and positivity
- Travel up to 30% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.