Director of Business Development, University Recruiting (2020 MBA Grads) at Ibotta
MBAs graduating in Spring/Summer 2020 should apply to this requisition
Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new vertical invigorate you? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with some of the brightest minds in technology? Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading brands think about digital marketing. We are looking for a powerhouse Director to sell to the biggest players in retail and mobile commerce and bring them on to our game-changing platform.
- Own the entire business development process and client relationships, gaining leadership buy-in, selling and negotiating partnerships, launching new platforms, and evolving those platforms based on data-driven results
- Unlock challenging, high-potential verticals, using a combination of innovative tactics to capture spend from competitors, traditional digital players, and legacy tactics
- Beat annual revenue targets through the development, advancement, and closure of partnerships and execution of new businesses and expansion of existing business
- Embrace the Lean Startup approach to quickly evaluate new opportunities at a low cost
- Develop and deliver innovative sales presentations that educate prospective clients and partners on Ibotta’s value proposition, roadmap, and partnership opportunities
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry. Establish yourself as an industry expert
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Listen to clients (existing and potential) and identify opportunities to grow and enhance the business and our products
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business. Work with leadership to establish appropriate targets
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure client partnerships are successfully executed from start to finish
- Continually refine your skills and expertise to stay ahead of the demands of your role
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 7+ years of national B2B business development experience in grocery, payments, big box retailers, Mobile or e-Commerce, or other relevant experience in Strategy, Consulting or Marketing
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex, enterprise sales process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur, with a demonstration of the ability to use creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- Observant, intuitive team player who thrives on collaborating to make the business stronger
- A relentless drive to ensure that you, the company and our clients succeed
- An insatiable hunger for personal and professional growth
- Well organized, with experience in CRM software
- Humility and positivity
- Travel up to 40% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.