Customer Success Engineer at Sumo Logic
Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access and leveraging cloud economics – all this from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for working with and guiding customers toward successful adoption of the Sumo Logic service. It’s a highly technical role which also requires customer facing skills. You will be part of an overall customer account team helping customers along their journey, ensuring they continue to realize the value of Sumo Logic.
In this role, you will enable our customers’ users to leverage the platform to properly troubleshoot, monitor, and secure their applications and infrastructure. You will help customers optimize their data ingestion and guide them on best practice content configuration (queries, alerts, dashboards, etc.) to meet their business objectives and specific use cases.
The ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge of common monitoring tools and practices, the modern software development lifecycle, operations & infrastructure setup, as well as experience interfacing with highly technical customers in a pre or post-sales capacity. The successful candidate for this job will have a strong analytical mindframe, a thirst for learning new things, is genuinely interested in technology, and a strong self-starting, proactive mentality.
You are going to be dealing with quite technical users and complex issues, but you're also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with. This is an ideal role for engineers looking to move into a customer-facing role or implementation consultants looking to move into a more leveraged role.
This role interfaces with various teams within Sumo Logic such as Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Sales Engineering and Support. You will collaborate with these teams to provide a best-in-class experience for our customers.
What you'll be working on:
- Partner with account executives and customer success managers to ensure customers are getting value from Sumo, which will naturally help drive renewals and expansion
- Advise customers on the best way to use Sumo Logic to meet their specific business objectives and the value drivers they have defined
- Ensure pervasive adoption of the Sumo Logic service by continuing to share applicable use cases and ensuring they’re obtaining insight from their existing data sources
- Provide technical guidance and best practices related to Sumo Logic features
- Find clever workarounds to solve customer challenges and then training others on the team on its applicability
- Share tools and resources to help customers successfully adopt the Sumo Logic service for their use case(s)
- Collect customer pain points and share these with other internal Sumo groups. It’s important here to understand these issues at a more technical level
- Drive discussions and participate in community forums and channels
- Participate in training events to help drive certification numbers upward
Your experience and skills should include:
- A demonstrated passion for making customers wildly successful
- Hands on experience with various operating systems, public cloud environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), databases and modern application stacks
- Knowledgeable about Kubernetes and other CNCF technology
- A track record of having a bias for action to make things happen and drive results
- Reads documentation thoroughly before posting questions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer relationship management skills
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 20%
- Can thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment
- The ability to write scripts, regular expressions, and structured queries
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
These additional skulls would be highly desirable:
- The ability to document functional and technical requirements and can explain them thoroughly to an audience having a large range of technical experience
- Has worked at a company offering application monitoring or cybersecurity services and solutions
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical field
Still interested? We’d love to hear from you! Apply now and learn more about our purpose!
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
- What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
- Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, IVP, and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.