Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Commercial Insurance Account Specialist is responsible for renewing and retaining Pie’s small commercial clients. This role will act as a liaison between the insured, agency and carrier, will provide on-going service on policies and customer records, and complete other back office support to meet the client’s needs.
This role will have the option to be a hybrid or fully-remote position. Hybrid roles provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from the team member's home. If a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
How You’ll Do It
At Pie, we are pioneering a new approach to insurance, which means a new approach to renewals and account management. The Commercial Insurance Account Specialist role plays a key part in the direct sales team by driving and maintaining high retention numbers through their unique ability to connect with clients. This role requires flexibility, industry knowledge, and strong relationship management skills to garner positive results.
Renewing and Retaining Commercial Client Insurance Policies
- Speaking with clients by answering inbound inquiries, providing COI’s and requested insurance documents, updating client information within policies and CRM systems.
- High volume outreach to clients on a daily basis to notify of upcoming renewals, verify accuracy of policyholder information and ensure accurate quotes.
- Working in Salesforce and policy management system to pull activities and work with assigned accounts through the renewal process.
- Answering questions on policy items to ensure first-class client experience, strengthening the client relationship.
- Acting in a consulting capacity to support the client’s needs regarding their policy and sell additional products.
Managing the Quote process
- Assess changes in the client’s account to assess if a new quote is appropriate, or if previous policies quote is still applicable.
- Gather business and risk assessment information including verifying information with the customer about their business.
- Working with Pie’s underwriting team to verify current claim history and research new claims.
- Act as a liaison between customers (regarding billing questions) with the third-party carrier to make sure payments are being processed to close out the business.
The Right Stuff
- A high school diploma or GED is required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Active License in P&C (Property and Casualty) Insurance is required.
- At least 2 years of Experience in inside sales, account management, or business development in the insurance marketspace required.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and how it is used in sales is highly desirable.
- Basic office skills including using MS Office or G Suite technology.
- Basic office/collaboration tools skills (VOIP phone system, emails, Slack, Zoom and video conferencing).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in both written and verbal communication.
- Intermediate organization skills in order to track your progress on renewals.
- Problem solving skills with limited need for direction are highly desirable.
- Ability to work through conflict resolution and build and manage relationships in challenging circumstances is preferred.
- Proficient in their ability to manage timelines and deliverables without a lot of direction.
- A high level of emotional intelligence and assessment of situations in order to build logical resolutions without an emotional response.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Base Compensation Range: $55,000 - $63,500
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The OTE is approximately $79,500, and is based on successfully meeting standard metrics and key productivity indicators.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding