Business Development Specialist at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Execute our Business Development Strategy through customer/prospect development and account management.
Essential Responsible Areas:
1. Day-to-day management of a set of accounts
Be the main contact point at Ball for those customers
2. Develop and present sales stories to customers and prospects, using resources for building solid stories about our products, sustainability, innovation, etc.
3. Work with internal teams to secure a continuous and timely process for servicing customers
4. Assist BD Manager to lead commercial efforts in a determined region
5. Help to develop and negotiate commercial agreements
6. Provide sales forecasts and objectives for customers assigned to this position
7. Help maximize profit and volume via strategies outlined in the pricing playbook
8. Attract new business: Find opportunities and support in acquiring new business
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum
- Microsoft Word and Excel, JDE Enterprise One and other applicable software applications.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Ability to make detailed presentations on projects and a variety of business problems to management.
- Basic knowledge of finance, accounting, corporate strategy, business development, merger acquisition and integration, Economic Value Added (EVA, financial modeling, business and economic principles and practices
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 60,000 - 90,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans