Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Business Development Representative BDR supports the Business Development Managers (BDM) in acquiring new insurance partners by working through inbound and outbound leads.
This role will work in our Denver office as a hybrid position once our office re-opens. Hybrid roles provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver office and from the team member's home. Remote team members must be in the United States, and are expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
How You’ll Do It
Grow Business distribution network
- Identify, research and engage with partners to grow the distribution network.
- Cold call into new business - approximately 50 outbound calls to potential partners daily.
- Acquire and maintain the necessary knowledge to speak to the Pie Value propositions and demo when needed.
- Securing partnership to contract on identified opportunities.
- Leveraging alternative ways to capture the attention of leads.
- Assist in driving creative and new ideas on how to obtain additional lead sources.
Collaborate and support team members
- Qualify prospects through a series of questions to understand their business needs and identify best fit for Pie.
- Schedule and set-up meetings between potential partners and our Business Development Managers.
- Manage prospect systems for Business Development Managers.
- Ensure all activities are properly noted and updated in CRM.
The Right Stuff
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months of sales development experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of working with CRM systems is highly desirable.
- Skills using collaboration tools such as slack and Google based communication tools (Google docs, sheets, calendar and G-mail) are preferred.
- Rapid problem-solving skills to drive engagement and pivot quickly when needed
- Intermediate sales skills and the ability to influence decision makers.
- Professional stamina to handle objections and maintain a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills: ability to be on the phone for the majority of the day, speaking with prospective clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and respond to fast-changing environments.
- Intermediate organizational skills: must be able to manage a large call volume daily
- Strong adaptability and flexibility skills: willingness to pilot new initiatives and projects to ensure we continue to innovate.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The OTE is approximately $65,000, and is based on successfully meeting standard metrics and key productivity indicators.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program.Please clickhere, here and herefor more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding