The Business Development Representative BDR supports the Business Development Managers (BDM) in acquiring new insurance partners by working through inbound and outbound leads.How You’ll Do ItGrow Business distribution network
- Identify, research and engage with partners to grow the distribution network.
- Cold call into new business - approximately 60 outbound calls to potential partners daily.
- Acquire and maintain the necessary knowledge to speak to the Pie Value propositions and demo when needed.
- Securing partnership to contract on identified opportunities.
- Leveraging alternative ways to capture the attention of leads.
- Assist in driving creative and new ideas on how to obtain additional lead sources.
- Qualify prospects through a series of questions to understand their business needs and identify best fit for Pie.
- Schedule and set-up meetings between potential partners and our Business Development Managers.
- Manage prospect systems for Business Development Managers.
- Ensure all activities are properly noted and updated in CRM.
- Other business development projects and duties as assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months of sales development experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of working with CRM systems is highly desirable.
- Skills using collaboration tools such as slack and Google based communication tools (Google docs, sheets, calendar and G-mail) are preferred.
- Rapid problem-solving skills to drive engagement and pivot quickly when needed
- Intermediate sales skills and the ability to influence decision makers.
- Professional stamina to handle objections and maintain a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills: ability to be on the phone for the majority of the day, speaking with prospective clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and respond to fast-changing environments.
- Intermediate organizational skills: must be able to manage a large call volume daily
- Strong adaptability and flexibility skills: willingness to pilot new initiatives and projects to ensure we continue to innovate.
Base Compensation Range for position: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The on-target earnings (OTE) for this role are approximately $65,000 and are based on successfully meeting performance expectations.
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.Location Information
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.Additional Information
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.