Business Development Manager at Sunday (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Title of Role: Business Development Manager
Compensation Range: $75K annual base salary, up to $130K Total Target CompensationCompany Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix -- for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series C raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts talented people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building an inclusive, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.Job Description
Sunday is looking for a results-driven Manager of Business Development to help define, build and execute a business development strategy for the organization. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious self-starter who is looking to grow with a company and have autonomy to build an effective business development channel.
- Develop partnership strategy (including product offerings and pricing) for Sunday with a focus on scale with large organizations
- Identify focus markets and implement partnership roadmap
- Oversee entire partnership function from initial outreach, contract negotiations, launch, and execution
- Track and execute against key metrics (e.g. quarterly revenue results, annual forecasts, brand KPIs)
- Develop reporting to clearly communicate the progress of monthly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive partnerships for both DTC and Retail
- 3+ years of business development experience
- Highly self-motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Communication and negotiation expertise
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Proven track record
- Key characteristics: detail-oriented, assiduous, drive for results, passionate, positive, collaborative, curious, flexible, and empathetic
- Ability to prioritize and drive many projects simultaneously with sense of urgency
- Roll up the sleeves, positive, can-do spirit! You look forward to being part of a scrappy team and are willing to pitch in with whatever needs to get done
- Strong knowledge of customer experience and marketing tools
- Direct to Consumer e-commerce marketing experience is a plus.
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Flexible remote/in-office work
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO program
- Access to 401(k) program (direct deposit)
- Location: Remote
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why!. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.