Business Development Manager (Remote)
AutoStore is a leading software and robotics company providing automation technology to warehouse & distribution facilities. Our solution is the most space-saving system on the market and can provide a fourfold increase in storage capacity. With over 40,000 robots in over 950 systems across 45 countries, AutoStore is the most deployed provider of grid-based, high-density goods-to-person systems globally. For more information, see autostoresystem.com. Our headquarters is in Nedre Vats Norway with offices in Haugesund (Norway), Oslo (Norway), the US, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, South Korea, Japan and Singapore.
Bots, Bins and Brilliant People – bring on the future of warehousing!
AutoStore is seeking a Business Development Manager
This role manages and coordinates the activities and operations of business development for both Consultants and End Customers with the goal of creating additional demand for Autostore solutions.
The BDM role is a combination (but not equal parts) of 3 essential Functions:
1. Market evaluation
2. Application support (pre-sale)
3. Relationship building & Sales
We are Lean, Bold and Transparent - Join the robotic revolution with us!
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and generates new business opportunities to support ongoing growth; develops and delivers sales presentations.
- Develop, maintain and expand customer relations including but not limited to sales leads, research, cold calling, qualifying leads, developing leads, and customer service.
- Maintains and develops client relations for new and larger established existing customers, assuring all existing customer are contacted regularly to ensure customer satisfaction and maximize growth potential for AutoStore.
- Maintains knowledge of AS/RS trends, by proactively searching for relevant knowledge and information, i.e., market analyses, industry trends, competition, customers segments, etc.
- Develops and implements a sales action plan with objectives and strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new accounts.
- Develops an effective sales presentation that is continually tested and used in the field.
- Seeks/creates opportunities to expand business with current clients; identifies further business needs and develops and presents solutions.
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures and programs that enhance the efficiency of the business development team.
- Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analysis.
- Become the subject matter expert in your specific commercial or geographic vertical.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent, or four plus years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Proficient on [PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Sales Force]
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
A creative, safe and solid workplace in a business experiencing huge growth – Norway’s first unicorn company listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange
A company culture where we recognize and applaud everyone’s contributions in making decisions
Competitive benefits and compensation including 401k plan with employer match and discretionary profit contribution
Flexible time off and 12 paid company holidays
Show your interest in the position by registering your application as soon as possible. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Applications are processed on an ongoing basis.