Ibotta is seeking an SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Manage the coordination and preparation of financial statements and disclosures with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Oversee and complete the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial statement variance analysis for leadership.
- Participate in the review of external department deliverables to ensure accuracy and consistency with SEC filings and internal reports and documents, as well as compliance with SEC rules governing non-GAAP metrics
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and monthly cash flow for distribution to Senior Leadership Team and external investors
- Lead monthly PL and BS fluctuation review meetings with FP&A providing insight to unusual items
- Provide guidance and prepare technical accounting memos surrounding changes in business and upcoming accounting regulations
- Assist with audits including year-end financial statement audit, periodic bank audits, and additional ad hoc compliance audits.
- Interface with various external business professionals including valuation firm, law firms, etc.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with management and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full-range of business issues
- Advise team and management regarding the handling of non-routine transactions
- Establish and maintain financial policies, procedures, and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
What we are looking for:
- Technical Skills: G Suite, Intermediate excel
- 5-7+ years of Accounting experience, including 2+ years of SEC reporting experience and 1 year of people management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required. Deep understanding of GAAP
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively lead and influence staff across all levels, functions and external constituencies
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $115,000-135,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.