The Borrower Sales Team is seeking an experienced, hard-working, and motivated Account Manager to build relationships with small business owners by guiding them through our entire application and funding process. Each member of this team is passionate about small businesses, entrepreneurship, and building a better financial world. This is a customer service focused position that carries the responsibility of handling inbound inquiries from small business borrowers. You will be interacting with hundreds of small business owners on a weekly basis, speaking to them about their business operations, why they need financing, and how a Funding Circle loan can help them achieve their goals.
- Communication with small business owners: Speak with small business owners by phone and email to explain the benefits of working with Funding Circle compared to other financing sources (both traditional and alternative).
- Assist with application process: Correspond with small business applicants and help them through the application process with the aim of ultimately empowering them with a Funding Circle loan.
- Prequalify small businesses: Assess small business financial statements (e.g. Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Debt Schedules) to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the specific business and determine whether it is a fit for a Funding Circle loan.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Credit Team to understand the intricacies of each application and the ultimate decision that you will need to effectively communicate back to the small business owner and close the loan. Your monthly quota will center around total dollars originated each month.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in similar sales role
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong track record of performance
- Strong interest in financial technology sector and the growing online lending space
- Outgoing, high-energy, and enjoy talking with people (role is heavily phone-based)
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment
- Basic understanding of small business financial statements, and/or experience with small business products/services, commercial lending, or technology
- Closing experience preferred. Bonus points for previous work experience in Fintech sales
- Excitement to get in on the ground floor of one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries around
- Identification with our mission: “to build a better financial world”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure
Why Join Us?
We’re transforming Finance everyday that makes the economic engine of countries do better! Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit:
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.