Account Manager, Equipment Finance at OnDeck
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The OnDeck Equipment Finance (EF) Partnership Account Managers are responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with referral and strategic partners as well as brokers to provide small business owners (SBOs) with the best equipment finance options for their business. You are or will become an expert in SMB equipment finance with an outside-the-box approach to increase productivity. Within this team, you will have the opportunity to work with our referral partners to develop strong relationships, while also helping current customers access MORE equipment financing for their equipment needs. This position requires creative thinking, resilience, and the ability to work not only with small business owners, but also with our partners, internal and external.
As an Account Manager at OnDeck on the Equipment Finance Team you will:
- Build a strong book by proactively engaging with emerging/low producing partners while exhibiting strong organizational skills.
- Diligently log partner communications/visits/partner profile via Events
- Cover entire deal flow from start to finish, highly proficient at selling deals and managing partner relationships.
- Build, maintain and grow partner relationships.
- Maintains weekly rapport with partners on SPIFFs, production & pace, available for deal flow questions, pricing requests, checkouts, AND direct conversations with small business owner-applicants
- Out of office partner visits to improve relationships and conduct trainings.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners such as operations and product to help improve processes
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 3-5 years sales experience through high-volume phone and email communications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and driven to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- A true team player, focused on yourself and the overall team’s success
- Excellent organizational/time management skills to ensure follow up with all Partners / SMB owners.
- Proficient in professional relationship building and negotiation skills
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbally, as well as cross functionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in SMB lending, preferably small ticket equipment finance loans
- Experience with salesforce.com CRM
- Ability to work in a start-up environment with a “do what it takes” attitude
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**