Account Executive- Acquisition
At Skillsoft, we propel organizations and people to grow together through transformative learning experiences. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. Join us in our quest to transform learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Account Executive, Acquisition (Enterprise Accounts) will prospect for new opportunities, applying a hunter mentality with a strategic, solution-selling approach. This requires needs-based, relationship sales to a diverse spectrum of industries. This individual will have a track record of over-quota achievement and will grow an ambitious pipeline of business as a result of outbound prospecting, creativity, and simple hard work. This will require the ability to navigate through complex organizations and sell to multiple decision-makers, including the “C Suite”.
- Drive top-line revenue growth through new customer acquisition.
- Sell Skillsoft Leadership and Business solutions directly to corporate decision makers.
- Partner with Specialist reps on cross-sell opportunities for new customers.
- Partner with Retention-focused reps on upsell opportunities in a land-and-expand sales motion.
- Win by representing a solution line(s) with key competitive differentiators.
- Influence prospects at the senior leadership level.
- Hunter by nature and working style. Selling is based on math….X number of outreaches, Y conversations, Z meetings to build 4-5X coverage in pipeline.
- Partner with related sales, marketing, and support resources in the successful advancement of critical opportunities and market penetration.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Skillsoft sales plays.
- Meeting prep with research, agendas agreed on by prospect and a tailored presentation coupled with impeccable follow-up.
- Outline measurable and defined business objectives and goals with timelines, (related to revenue and growth of whitespace).
- Provide management, feedback and recommendations on pipeline health, risk, opportunity, and progress.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5+ years of direct sales experience, selling SaaS, B2B, enterprise software to VP, SVP, and C-Level Executives with outstanding quota attainment history.
- Experience in the learning, human capital, human capital technology space is preferred.
- Ability to exceed sales targets, a keen understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale.
- Advanced understanding of customer’s business, loves to debate, pushes the customer, has a broad view/perspective.
- Ability to prospect with a structured activity model to maximize revenue growth.
- Skilled at demonstrating solutions and speaking the language of corporate buyers and respectfully challenge their thinking.
- Ability to collaborate and leverage subject matter expertise in a matrixed sales environment.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close.
- Ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions to meet those requirements.
- Expert knowledge/usage of Salesforce.com
- Commitment and ownership of your – and your team’s – success.
- Willingness to take ownership – and solve – problems.
- Bias towards action.
- An adaptive, agile mindset.
- Willingness to acknowledge, and own mistakes – recognition of humility as a key aspect of continuous improvement.
- Disciplined, process-oriented approach to customer acquisition.
Target base salary range for this job requisition is anticipated to be approximately $120,000 to $140,000k annualized with average on target earnings including commissions of approximately $300,000k annually.
We also offer full benefits.
The company may modify salaries, salary ranges and/or Pay Plans from time to time as it deems necessary.
WE ARE PASSIONATELY COMMITTED TO LEADERSHIP, LEARNING, AND SUCCESS. WE EMBRACE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS AND EACH OTHER AS:
- ONE TEAM
- OPEN AND RESPECTFUL
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft is partner to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft (US) Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.