Technical Project Manager at Skupos
Company. What we are building:
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and enables promotion execution and performance tracking. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
At Skupos, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love. As a Technical Project Manager, you’ll help ensure successful planning and execution of key product and data initiatives. This role is integral to Skupos's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team!
If you're an experienced and driven Technical Project Manager who thrives on helping teams build high value data products at cloud scale, Skupos wants you! This is a strategic and deeply technical role. As the ideal candidate for this role, you’re a strong project manager with a technical “big data” background, and fine tuned business acumen who possesses a strong ability to work across organizations. You love quarterbacking challenging data initiatives, working across Engineering, Data and Product teams to ensure that we are building a foundation for scale and delivering value to our customers.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with project team members to scope and document project objectives, plan, and dependencies
- Supervising team members to ensure that we remain on track with project milestones, flag any risks and help remove roadblocks
- Scheduling and facilitating standups and stakeholder meetings; documenting and following up on action items
- Adjusting scope and project plans as new information arises or priorities shift
- Ensuring projects are appropriately resourced and prioritized
- Updating leadership and key stakeholders of project status
- Identifying areas for process improvement within PMO and across Technology organization
Skills. We are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in technical project management, with a record of successfully delivering complex data and product initiatives
- Understanding of the technical architecture of data lakes, pipelines, warehousing and data management solutions
- Experience working with SQL, business intelligence tools, and building data infrastructure
- Superior relationship-building, leadership skills, and strategic thinking, including executive-level communication and compelling storytelling
- Ability to gain input from a variety of internal and external stakeholders to define product features and capabilities; respond to needs throughout the development process
- Proven ability to effectively partner with technology at all levels
- A passion for data and insights to drive decision-making
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs; proven multi-tasking skills, ability to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, and organization skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and solve problems
- Track to metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations
Experience. Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Business Analytics, Math, Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in technical project management
- Experience with cloud scale data products (e.g. Snowflake, AWS, Elastic, BI tools, etc)
- Experience with agile methodologies used by the engineering teams
- Experience and success in building modern, enterprise grade analytics offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Posting Pay Range
Salary is based on location and experience.
Salary range in Denver, CO and San Francisco, CA: $90,000 - $105,000
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
Since March, all of our Skuad has been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate face-to-face again. As you go through our virtual interview process, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the Skuad, we will get you all the equipment needed to get you set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Skuad including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let your Recruiter know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - We are in your corner!