Project Manager at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As a Hotel Engine Project Manager, you’ll be the main point of contact for our clients! You'll be building relationships, understanding, and facilitating the client’s group booking requests as they come. In this role, you will be the liaison between the client and hotel suppliers for the analysis and fulfillment of business needs. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing and executing initiatives to improve the team’s production and efficiency. If you love wearing multiple hats, building new processes, having ownership of your work & communicating professionally - this role is for you!
Here's what you'll do:
- Provide exceptional customer service to new and existing clients
- Organize, manage and facilitate clients’ day-to-day requests
- Facilitate onboarding processes and procedures for new clients
- Work closely with suppliers in negotiating rates and services on behalf of our clients
- Manage and delegate new group booking requests
- Proactively work to prevent issues & resolve them efficiently as they arise
- Advocate for your clients through all situations
- Learn and implement new software to support the team through rapid scale
- Accurately update and manage our internal database and CRM (Salesforce)
- Consistently meet or exceed KPI requirements
- Occasional nights and weekend work may be required to support the client
- Available for travel (up to 20%)
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2+ years’ experience in an operational, detail-oriented project management role
- PMP Certification is a plus!
- Account/external client management experience is preferred
- Experience in hotel sales, event coordination or front-office management is a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office and proficiency in Excel is preferred
- Ability to handle stress and maintain professional composure, while managing and working on multiple request and projects
- Possesses creative problem-solving skills and pays strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organizational, verbal/written communication, project coordination, and leadership skills
- Demonstrates initiative; has the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- An innovator: Constantly looking for ways to improve and streamline processes
- The base hourly rate for this role is $24/hour with opportunity for variable based on performance and an expected OTE of $60k-$80k. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program