Project Manager at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As a Hotel Engine Project Manager, you’ll be the main point of contact for our clients! You'll be building relationships, understanding, and facilitating the client’s requests as they come. In this role, you will be the liaison between the client and suppliers for the analysis of business needs. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing and executing initiatives that will bring value to the company travel needs by leveraging our provided services. If you love wearing multiple hats, having ownership of your work & communicating professionally, this role is for you!
- Provide exceptional customer service to new and existing customers
- Organize, manage and facilitate clients day-to-day requests
- Facilitate onboarding processes and procedures for client
- Work closely with suppliers in negotiating on behalf of our clients
- Manage and delegate hotel orders and insure a timely response
- Proactively work to prevent issues & resolve them efficiently as they arise
- Advocate for your clients through all situations
- Comfortable with learning new software and growing department vision
- Accurately update and manage company’s internal database and CRM (Salesforce)
- Consistently meet or exceed KPI requirements
- Occasional nights and weekend work may be required to support the client
- Available for travel (up to 20%)
- 1+ years experience in an operational, detail oriented account management role
- An innovator - Constantly looking for ways to improve and streamline processes
- Ability to handle stress and maintain professional composure, while managing and working on multiple request and projects simultaneously
- Possesses critical thinking and demonstrates initiative, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Reliable organizational, verbal/written communication, project coordination, and leadership skills. Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Ability to identify additional opportunities with the current customer base
- Proven client service skills and practical team skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft office
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management; business management or business administration; or equivalent work experience in the hotel industry
- 1-2 years experience in account management is a plus!
- Hotel sales, Preferred; business, group, and catering is a plus!
- Compensation: the base salary range for this role is $45-$50,000.00 + OTE based on performance
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program