Project Manager Specialist-Professional Services at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
Expert role. Expert knowledge of project management and advanced technical knowledge. Works on complex assignments that involve a high degree of risk, impacts to business unit performance and makes use of the individuals' high level of knowledge within the technical project management specialty. May coach and/or mentor junior project management and support staff. Works without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires more than ten years work experience managing technical projects in financial services or a related industry or a related technical field, e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting.
What you will be doing:
Expert career individual contributor role. Highly experienced professional with broad experience and unique knowledge. Able to act independently to resolve highly complex problems. Is regarded as a leader and expert in their field. May coordinate and guide the work of others.
Coordinate day-to-day project delivery, management of project financials and drive client relationship management for assigned FIS client.
• Plans and coordinates all aspectsof projectsfrom initiation through delivery.
• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
• Creates project charters to identify project scope, critical success factors, risks, etc.
• Manages the project work plan and holds the team and project resources accountable to variances in budget and hours.
• Possess thorough understanding of estimation, letters of agreement, master service agreements, staffing model, average bill rates and cost structure by level.
• Interacts with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams.
• Oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
• Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• May include managing the customization of base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
• Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- Bachelors degree
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.