Project Manager, Access Optimization at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is primarily accountable for all aspects of optimization of the existing base of access / type II circuits. Candidate must have excellent knowledge of type II ordering with external vendors, vendor pricing platforms, and electronic & manual order entry through vendor portals and interfaces. Must have in depth understanding of telecommunications service life cycle and data correlation from order through design to billing. Candidate must have excellent working knowledge of M6, Salesforce, and TEOCO.
- Identify network related expenses that can be reduced or eliminated.
- Access planning including complete project management of circuit grooming projects.
- Responsible for forecasting and reporting against financial targets and project goals.
- Work with customer-related contacts to coordinate projects and see them through to completion while maintaining a positive customer relationship.
- Work with and project manage internal groups including ISP, OSP, Engineering, Accounts Payable, NCC, Grooms Technicians, Site Tech’s, and Service Delivery Coordinators pushing project through to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering or Business Administration other related financial or technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on complex, innovative projects /networks.
- Expert knowledge of Type II / Off-net ordering systems and processes with multiple vendors including CLEC’s & ILEC’s.
- Experience in access planning, capacity planning, circuit design, and billing reconciliation.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Experience in vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification.
- Experience in cost/benefit analysis, and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Knowledge of SONET, DS3/DS1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks, Wavelength, IP, & Ethernet, Live Media networks and products.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical judgment and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively.
- High energy individual with strong work ethic.
- Must be a self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Base salary range: $65,785-$71,719
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave