Project Controls Project Manager at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Project Controls Project Manager is responsible for implementing, maintaining and evolving robust project- and program-level reporting that enable Zayo’s project managers and implementation teams to track, forecast, analyze and shape project progress across Zayo’s portfolio of Large Projects.
The Project Controls Project Manager enables the Large Project’s team to expertly prosecute their program and program management functions by providing the reporting details and insights necessary to manage their projects. Specifically, the Project Controls Project Manager:
- Project/Program Reporting -
- Builds, maintains, adapts and grows standard project- and program-level reporting consistently across the various Large Projects
- Works with management and project stakeholders to evolve reporting for improved efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy
- Collaborates with stakeholders to adapt reporting as project workflows evolve and reporting needs change
- Maintains diligent change control of the project reporting for consistency in reporting
- Customizes reporting where necessary for specific project needs
- Manages, maintains and evolves rollup reporting to concisely and accurately report program status at a summary level
- Gross Install Reporting - Maintains reporting for Gross Install forecasting on an ongoing basis
- Project capital reporting - Supports the development and evolution of Salesforce-based capital budgeting, forecasting and reporting views to assist in project capital management
The Project Controls Project Manager is a critical support to the overall project management team and enables the project management teams to successfully and proactively meet their key objectives through project reporting. These objectives include:
- Lead all elements of network installation
- Manage customer requirements and expectations
- Develop and manage the project schedule
- Develop and manage the project budget
- Aggressively manage execution
- Develop and implement project processes, reporting and metrics
- Transparently report project progress
- Essential qualifications to the role:
- Advanced Excel experience required with an emphasis in reporting and presentation.
- Familiarity and ideally experience with Tableau/Einstein Analytics, Domo or similar CRM tools.
- Working experience with Site Tracker or similar workflow products.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Working knowledge of GIS-based tools such as MapInfo, ArcView or Google Earth.
- Process and metrics-driven management style. Exceptional report development, implementation and analysis skills. Ability to adapt existing reporting or develop new reporting to match the unique and changing needs of each project while working within Zayo reporting standards. Extreme attention to detail and an inherent need to understand.
- Additional qualifications relative to the project subject matter:
- Project management experience with large-scale network deployments, ideally related to OSP, Ethernet and/or wireless networks.
- Experience with managing large project schedules and budgets (tracking, forecasting, reconciling)
- Experience with contract/construction management including RFP preparation, budgeting and control estimates, bid review and award, change order management, materials management and project closeout is a plus.
- Understanding of OSP construction management is a plus to include OSP construction methodologies, route feasibility and design development, OSP engineering, permitting, make ready and construction processes, OSP metrics and measures.
- Understanding of telecom network architectures specific to determining project dependencies and critical path activities.
- Passionate, positive, business-minded leader
- Motivated team leader with strong work ethic and high standards for work quality
- Ability to develop and maintain a team chemistry in a dotted-line environment
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Experience with telecom network deployment, project management databases and tracking systems
- High level understanding of telecommunication products and services knowledge preferred
- Excellent internal and external team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including metrics, reporting and dashboards
- 5 years minimum project management experience required
- PMP certification a plus
- Flexible work hours and occasional travel
Base salary range: $58,100-$90,000
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time