Product Delivery Program Manager (Data Connectors) at Alteryx
Alteryx is searching for a Product Delivery Program Manager. This position is remote-friendly.
The Program Manager is a senior servant leader who leads as part of the team to integrate delivery across Product and Engineering throughout the product and software development lifecycles to deliver strategic technical outcomes at the program level. Our program managers use exceptional soft skills to act as the glue that binds together product development efforts spanning multiple technology and operational teams to ensure they are effective while minimizing waste and risk. The role requires strong business acumen, leadership, and a solid grounding in agile-lean software development practices and an ability to build relationships.
Success in this role is dependent on an ability to drive outcomes and actionable recommendations by emphasizing team strengths to accelerate success while to navigating friction and ambiguity. The ability to build trust with and influence senior management is essential. The ideal Program Manager will embody a unique blend of skill in strategic thinking, an eye for detail, artful communication, and the ability to simply get stuff done.
- Strategic Execution - Realize Product and Engineering strategy through program delivery on initiatives like periodic engineering launches/releases, transformation efforts and others. Ability to define outcomes and make recommendations on how best to achieve strategy through operational delivery. Act as a partner and trusted advisor to Product Engineering leaders.
- Holistic Ownership and Orchestration - Simultaneously own a portfolio of up to 3-5 programs within an investment area. The Program Manager orchestrates engineering delivery from inception to launch. Balancing trade-offs to make progress while focusing on optimizing processes across the whole.
- Technical Program Activities - Lead program level events with an emphasis on
- o Integration management throughout the engineering lifecycle
o Facilitating iterative definition technical solution starting with interfaces
o Agile-lean delivery
o Release Planning events to map out a credible plan for delivery, identifying dependencies and risks across teams and negotiating scope and timelines when necessary.
o Regular Steering Committee and stakeholder meetings for your programs
- Risk Management - Work to mitigate the effects of delivery and technical complexity especially through ownership of complex dependencies. Work with all stakeholders to manage risks, solve problems and remove friction.
- Application Domain - Data Engineering - Program manage data engineering teams of our products. This strategic and foundational part of our product architecture requires technical program management of the end-to-end software development lifecycle with integration of various workstreams: Product, Architecture, Software development, Quality, and others.
- Analytics and Tools - Using an understanding of business outcomes and the principles of effective delivery, leverage analytics to radiate actionable information throughout the organization from the team to executive level. Leverage tools capabilities to automate and simplify program activities. Act as the source of truth for the organization by ensuring reported information is evidence-based, accurate, complete, and consistent so that best next actions and decisions can be taken.
- Proactive Communications - Act as the primary communication liaison for each program, taking responsibility for shared understanding with the effective and efficient flow of information. Communication will focus on stakeholders' communication needs so that they are quickly and adequately informed of key developments. Escalate and manage impediments / issues and risks, pre-vet new risks & possible mitigations.
- Organizing for Success - For each program, ensure that a charter is established with clear objectives, resources, deliverables, and definitions of success; and that all stakeholders are aware of, and aligned with, scope and target milestones. Work to continuously adapt the scope for maximum value balancing cost of changes with their benefits and ensuring these are communicated where necessary.
- Meeting Facilitation - Demonstrate excellent facilitation skills in moderating meetings. Examples include engaging all participants to facilitate their best contribution, sending agendas ahead of time, establishing clear objectives, managing the process to realize these objectives, capturing key content, and following up promptly on all action items.
- Portfolio Management - Work with stakeholders to ensure that the program's product portfolio and its artifacts and assets (i.e. requirements and/ or spec docs, UX designs, architectural designs, etc.) are evolving appropriately with progress to delivery high quality technical solutions.
- Relationship Building - Builds and maintains strong relationships across the organization in support of overall program delivery. Cultivate high-performing teams to enhance delivery.
- Team Participation - actively contribute to the cohesion and effectiveness of the program management team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems engineering, business, information technology or other relevant discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Program/Project Management delivering technical solutions in software.
- Prefer technical program management experience in one or more of the following areas: data engineering, data management, data sources, ETL, ODBC, database administration, management of data baselines for development, relational / noSQL / cloud and other database types, and/or data integration.
- Experience building and leading global engineering and operations teams
- Excellent facilitation, written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting complex concepts and information to customers and senior management.
- Experience in on-premises, cloud, SaaS and PaaS environments
- Thorough understanding of product and software development lifecycles end-to-end including (e.g., Lean, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP, Integration principles) and continuous improvement through measurement.
- Previous experience working with and managing vendor relationships is a plus.
- A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, Colorado is $101,700 - $172,900. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.