Optimization Project Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and facilitating with internal and external resources to effectuate the timely completion of cost-savings initiatives and optimization projects involving Zayo’s telecommunications network within third party vendors’ colocation facilities. Responsibilities will include developing end to end milestone management plan, tracking and reporting, and identification and support in resolution of issues. Will collaborate with Product teams on plans for the cost savings initiatives. This person will also work closely with engineering and operations’ resources and have detailed knowledge of assigned projects. Will need to communicate and provide regular status with respective teams and management. This position may require some travel.
- Data reconciliation through database reporting and analysis
- Vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience as a Technical Project Manager within the telecommunications industry.
- Project management experience within telecommunications
- 5+ years of experience working on complex, innovative projects/networks.
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasking abilities are a must.
- Fluent Knowledge of MS Excel and Google Docs.
- Understanding of telecommunications circuits and their network routing.
- Knowledge of SONET, Ethernet, Wave, Dark Fiber, and IP Services.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to run and manage Project Management functions with internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Experience logging into telecom equipment in a plus.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, GE SmallWorld, Metasolv is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave