Material Planner at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Work with sales teams and supply chain group to suggest alternative supply chain options to enhance customer support to assure inventory management needs are met.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Generate and/or contribute to out-of-box- solutions.
- Manage the most complex and poorest performing customer engagements.
- Build relationship with customer and work directly with them to increase forecast performance.
- Held accountable to inventory performance based on defined metrics for assigned customers.
- Prepare both Arrow generated and customer supplied forecast uploads and manage the exceptions.
- Review and make recommendations/changes to ensure achievement of company inventory turns goals.
- Manage material to assure best forecast input.
- Manage the more complex In-Plant Stores and consignment engagements to assure both adequate supply and maximum turns.
- Manage excess inventory including concentration on slow moving and/or sludge
- Represent the regional planning team in setting up consignments/In-Plant Stores, kanban systems, ABC Low Value analyses, etc.
- Work with Digital Supply Chain Solutions and Sales in implementation of new engagements until operational.
- Work with sales teams to suggest alternative supply chain options to enhance customer support to assure inventory management needs are met. Generate and/or contribute to out-of-box- solutions.
- Operations – Daily Activity, Inventory Oversight, all backend internal material controls, all external process inventory controls.
- Backlog Review and Forecasting, Daily Shortage Review, Process Improvement Implementation, Cost/Expense Control, Attrition Management Oversight and Reporting, Quoting Full Package Reels and managing excess, Finished Goods Management, NCNR Controls, Communication, Measurement
What We Are Looking For
- 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Solves a range of straightforward problems
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Excel expertise in v-look ups, pivot tables, and various other complex excel functions
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)