Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The IT Project Manager position will focus on Post Sales development and is responsible for researching, designing, and refining the policies, processes, and systems that ensures an effortless development experience and set or adhere to standards for best practices. In this role, the Project Manager will gain a deep understanding of product and functional group business process at an accelerated pace and take responsibility for teaching self and asking thoughtful questions of management. Responsible for defining roadmap, priorities, design, and implementation strategies of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Project Manager will operate as main point of contact with stakeholders and requestors to identify requirements, dependencies, and timelines between technical and business teams. Works closely with Product Owners, QA/Production Support and Developers to ensure teams are contributing to the Post Sales roadmap and making data-driven decisions to positively support the business and drive revenue growth.
- Oversee Post Sales impacting projects ensuring every project adheres to the below requirements:
- Project priority is clearly understood and reflected at all times
- Business and technical requirements are clearly and completely identified and reviewed with stakeholders prior to request for IT development team to engage.
- User Interface wireframes and mockups are included in design
- Process flowcharts are included with requests for new process or changes to existing (where applicable)
- User Acceptance testing plan created and attached prior to beginning UAT phase of project
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Define development processes in line with effortless / agile / lean methodologies
- Track and communicate status of business initiatives to management.
- Apply advanced analytical methods to proactively identify improvements.
- Ensure a coherent knowledge database of training and process documentation is properly built and maintained.
- Establish new processes in line with business requirements and overall IT roadmap
- Assist in making business decisions relating to system implementation, modification, maintenance, etc.
- Creation and maintenance of reports/dashboard/data/metrics used to measure and ensure success
- Understand team ecosystem, projects, and workload to define appropriate prioritization of tasks
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University
- 2-5 years project management experience
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- High level of salesforce.com knowledge, including but not limited to object design and reporting structures.
- Microsoft Office platform including Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience working in GitLab
- Capacity to work on multiple projects and meet various deadlines
- Comfortable with understanding and applying material conditional logic
- Capable of independently solving logic based problems
- Strong desire for teamwork and working in group settings
- Aptitude for learning new/different processes within the company to better understand other data architectures and workflows
- Attention to detail and a basic understanding of aesthetics is essential
- A general understanding of telecom is preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave