Construction Project Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer/colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide the reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
We are looking for a Data Center Construction Project Manager to support critical facility construction projects. The Construction PM will be responsible for all aspects of managing a data center construction project. This will include providing leadership to contractors and vendors associated with the delivery of company projects. Project assignments, for the most part, will be regional; but travel across multiple regions will be required in certain circumstances.
The candidate will have overall responsibility for the delivery of assigned projects on budget, on time, and assurance that the project scope and quality meet Company Design Standards and the objectives set for the project. The successful candidate will have to be exceptionally organized and be great with back-office work (change orders, budgets, paperwork driven, etc.)
- Maintain liaison with various contractors and vendors in order to manage the day to day activities that impact the delivery of the company’s critical facilities construction projects
- Ensure that all day to day project responsibilities are met by the contractors and vendors on the project.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Assist the Director - Construction in negotiating contracts with vendors as necessary. Responsible for creating and managing project schedules.
- Put together Project plans – size up, costs, budget, scheduling, timeline, manage change orders, etc
- Assists with reporting and RFPs to Contractors
- Deliver Built to Suit projects with a heavy emphasis on value-engineering
- Drive Company Standards uniformly as it regards to Project Delivery by all project participants on all projects.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with the clients
- Represent the company in project meetings
- Act as key Liaison with managers of all company departments.
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the project.
- Possess an extensive network within the mission-critical data center facilities market.
- Background in Critical Facilities Design, Architecture, Engineering and Construction Services
- Experience managing Data Center Construction Projects as an Owner or as a General Contractor
- Minimum of 7-10+ years of relevant experience in the Data Center Construction Industry.
- Client Facing /Client relationship / Client Management skills.
- Must be familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission-critical projects.
- Solid Construction Project Management experience.
- Effective Communicator – emails, phone, and face to face.
- Ability to work independently.
- Solid Admin skills
- Computer savvy: MS Project, Excel, AutoCAD a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave