Compliance Specialist I at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Compliance Specialist I
A Compliance Specialist will provide quality, proactive and cost-effective support of Arrow’s compliance and ethics program. This position is responsible for the maintenance of policies, procedures, communication and training materials as well as providing basic consultation to the business to ensure compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Monitor and respond to requests in the compliance mailbox including, but not limited to:
- Material declarations (Conflict Mineral, Reach, RoHS, etc.)
- Employee allegations/requests for guidance
- Trouble shooting and assisting employees with compliance-related system issues
- General assistance/support
- Provide basic consultation and guidance on procedures and regulations to ensure legal and ethical conduct.
- Evaluate and recommend training content based on internal and external business risk.
- Monitor and conduct audits and other reviews of compliance policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with business partners to deliver ad-hoc training.
- Contribute to global compliance program communications including: drafting, editing and facilitating the delivery of materials.
- Maintain global compliance website.
- Assist in developing policies, procedures, and other guidelines aligned with the global compliance strategy to monitor and reduce illegal, unethical and improper conduct.
- Organize ethics and compliance records, documents and files and maintain document databases.
- Participate in research and analysis for investigations as needed and assigned.
- This position requires occasional travel: 10-15%
- Additional Responsibilities: Additional duties may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience and training.
- MS Access and MS Excel proficient.
- Strategic thinking: capable of providing clear and balanced support on a broad range of strategic and complex management, and product issues.
- Driving results: solutions and results-oriented style with a high degree of analytical ability and proven problem-solving skills.
- Leading change: ability to thrive and quickly adapt to change, leading others through change in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and work environment.
- Collaborating and influencing effectively builds strong relationships and partnerships within and outside of the company. Able to effectively navigate within a matrixed corporate structure.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with an open, honest and direct communication style that establishes an empathetic and effective relationship with front-line and mid-level personnel.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, self-assured professional with high level of personal integrity.
- Strong reading comprehension and ability to recognize critical issues.
- Successfully manages and deals with ambiguity while focusing on results and getting things done to high standards of detail and quality at a fast pace.
- Strong written and verbal communications for a global audience and aligning communications to the needs of the business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)