Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is accountable for a broad scope of functional areas within Zayo in developing strategies and tactics to maximize and manage the value received for a $233 million (plus) expenditure with the ILECs, CAPs, CLECs, and independent telephone companies (Access Providers). This involves developing, establishing and maintaining of effective supplier/partner working business relationships through the negotiation of Services Agreements/Service Schedules/Service Level Agreements that allows Zayo to utilize the supplier’s own footprint and full suite of competitively priced services that provide synergies within our portfolio. .
- Manage contracts, MSAs, NDAs, SLAs, carrier performance KPIs with global telecom carriers
- Develop new carrier relationships as required and enrich existing carrier relationships
- Handle carrier escalations related to service delivery, operations, and billing disputes
- Work with Sales Engineering and Sales to ensure proper understanding of requirements and technical feasibility of solutions supporting customer opportunities
- Create and manage vendor relationships; catalog vendor product offerings and maintain current contact/ escalation information, disperse departmentally
- Tracking and reporting of quote volumes and quote to order conversion rates
- File, track and report on outage credit reimbursement process and manage monthly vendor operational status calls
- Support company cost saving goals by reducing third party costs;
- Travel as required to meet vendors and partners across the globe
- Prior experience of 1-3 years in the telecommunications industry preferred. Experience with financial analysis is helpful. Three (3) years’ experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Good technical aptitude.
- Proven ability to work accurately and have attention to detail.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work with deadlines, and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, outgoing and positive, and to exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- The ability to act independently yet in alignment with department and firm goals to achieve optimal outcomes for a range of stakeholders (sales, finance, customer, vendor, network engineering & operations)
- Strong administrative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and implement effectively
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates mutual acceptance and respect of all co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in price negotiations and contract management
- Knowledge of global market price points
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements and implement change
- Develop an aptitude with Salesforce, reports and dashboards.
- Experience with billing a plus, not required.
- Knowledge of: Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel, Google Sheets); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook and Gmail); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time