Sr. Director of Product Strategy at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The position serves as a key leadership role within Zayo's Product and Technology group. In this role, you will transform customer and marketplace feedback into industry-leading products. As a leader, you will partner across stakeholder organizations within Zayo to define and drive the product vision.
This position is responsible for Zayo’s five year product strategy. It requires direct customer, employee and technology partner interaction with a strong understanding of the marketplace to ensure the product strategy is aligned with corporate goals and industry trends.
This position is a manager role with one direct report (Product M&A Analyst). However, you will bring a deep understanding of the moving parts in the continually evolving ecosystem and, as such, act as the Zayo’s lead product strategist both internally and externally.
Define Product Strategy Plan (5yr Compass)
- Develop a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that demonstrates the growth of Zayo solutions around network infrastructure solutions; communicate clear, concise plans and KPIs with Zayo senior leadership.
- Align long term product initiatives with Zayo’s corporate strategy.
- Define how we win in the right markets with a unique value prop based on customer, tech partner and employee feedback.
- Define budgetary forecasts in order to assess investment priorities.
- Publish a Strategic Product Roadmap (5yr Plan).
Align with Zayo’s Corporate Strategy team
- Ensure product strategy is aligned with Zayo’s corporate strategy and goals.
- Define a target list of M&A opportunities to be incorporated into Zayo’s pursuit plan.
Align with Zayo’s Sales and Marketing Team
- Jointly engage and select customers for strategic proof concepts.
Align with Zayo’s Product Management/Marketing Team
- Align 5yr product roadmap with 1yr product roadmaps
- This position will be accountable for additional projects in support of Zayo’s Product and Technology team.
- This role is responsible for ensuring consistency across the organization on product definitions, development frameworks and product initiatives.
- Minimum 5-10 years of commercial product management experience in the telecommunications, colocation, cloud or related industries.
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- MBA and/or equivalent work experience with proven ability to work across functional boundaries preferred.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to write business plans, prepare presentations and proposals. Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, employees and customers.
- Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
- Total annual compensation (Base + Bonus): Range $160K to $190K based on experience
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance.
- Fitness membership discounts.
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave.
- Move package if relocation is required.