Software Product Management Director at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Software Product Management Director is responsible for taking product roadmap and vision and establishing a cohesive, innovative and industry leading software strategy and implementation directly in alignment with Zayo’s strategic goals. This position is responsible for leading teams functionality aligned to Product Line Management with the objective of gathering requirements, budget, data architecture and developing a project plan to execute on key network automation and product lifecycle implementation. The Director of Software Product Development must also be capable to interface with Network Planning, Software Architecture, IT stakeholders and Customers alike. They own strategy, coordination and effective handoff to software development while overseeing the full project lifecycle as well as messaging and communications with users (internal/ external) for all updates, changes, bugs, planned maintenance, outages and feature releases while maintaining an up to date knowledge base.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Execute on a highly iterative and innovative Product and Network Automation strategy driving a drastic decrease in delivery times of highly virtualized products
- Provide thought leadership, set strategy across teams while delegating effectively
- Leads a team of high performing Software Product Managers functionally aligned with Product Line Managers
- Own and oversee a cohesive software implementation plan that directly supports the needs of Product Line Management including but not limited to project design, assignment, and prioritization, ensuring every project adheres to the below requirements:
- Project priority is clearly understood and reflected at all times
- Project justification includes support via either data analytics or specific use case (ideally both)
- Business and technical requirements are clearly and completely identified and reviewed with stakeholders prior to assignment to IT development team scrum master
- Works with Product Design to get approval and firm wireframing and mockups for UI/UX
- Process flowcharts are included in design (where applicable)
- User Acceptance testing plan created and attached prior to beginning UAT phase of project
- Ensures broad endorsement / adoption of all initiatives
- Project / Roadmap visibility for all stakeholders and executives
- Coordinates with Network Planning and Capacity Management to ensure software readiness and success rate of automation
- Ensures a high performing agile methodology is being followed in the project lifecycle through requirements gathering, scrum master hand off, effective product ownership, roll out and future iterations
- Responsible for team outcome and effectively managing initiatives and priorities within well established timelines
- High level of competency performing responsibilities of individual contributors, leads, manager in all software and telecommunications automation capacities
- Acts to innovate process, culture and status quo
- Hold team, leads and managers accountable for performance based on Data and Value Creation
- Ensures managers have clear expectations in role and performance metrics, that are shared down to the individual contributor.
- Creating and maintaining; score cards, force to load models and career pathing for how to measure success across teams and individuals and align with the mission of the team.
- Work collaboratively with Development, product and other stakeholders to facilitate and Identify trends, patterns, and procedural opportunities that will improve overall business performance
- Reports team performance metrics internally, addressing low-performance areas in real-time
- Improves managers skillsets in all functional areas through coaching, mentoring, and knowledge-sharing
- Communicates job expectations clearly and consistently; planning, monitoring, appraising contributions roles, responsibilities & compensation.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Apply advanced analytical methods to data surrounding customer interactions to proactively identify improvements and socialize process improvement efficacy.
- Gain a deep understanding of the products and functional group business process at an accelerated pace and take responsibility for teaching self and asking thoughtful questions of management.
- Propose and document roadmap, priorities, design, and implementation strategies of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Be the main point of contact with stakeholders and requesters to identify requirements, dependencies, and timelines between technical and business teams.
- Proven experience managing highly productive teams and strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution
- Deep technical network automation understanding spanning all layers of the OSI model
- Strong business acumen as it pertains to the Telecommunications industry landscape
- Experience with network automation strategy including a solid understanding of SDN/NFV and legacy network models, advantages of each, and have opinions on how to leverage each.
- Organizational and strategic management skills, including business, roadmap and resource planning
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage resources across multiple geographies
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation)
- Extensive business acumen, technical knowledge, and industry experience encompassing one or more engineering, technology, and product domains.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- High performing results-oriented Project Management skills
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting with senior management and executive roles for internal and external partners.
- Good understanding of the company's purpose, policies, philosophy, and processes.
- Proficient in interpreting business and technical requirements and making decisions that are optimal
- Experience with the Salesforce / Force.com and Heroku platform
- Highly motivated with an eagerness to learn new technologies, be part of a collaborative team, and maintain a transformational and creative mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both technical and non-technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Proven ability to document highly complex processes, procedures, and/or policies.
- Expert level familiarity with google and office suites
- Passion for customer service and delivering an effortless user experience.
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders to identify improvements and implement change.
- High level of salesforce.com knowledge, including but not limited to object design and reporting structures, reporting and dashboards.
- CO pay range: $132,000 - $165,000
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.