Program Manager, Product Operations at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Program Manager, Product Operations plays a lead role in executing Product and Technology program initiatives while adopting software/processes to automate product and project management tasks. Reporting to the Director, Program Management within Product Operations, they will ensure that internal development teams deliver with quality, on-time, and on budget. The Program Manager will facilitate cross-functional technical teams and will feel at ease presenting results to program stakeholders and sponsors at different organizational levels.
With a strong project management background in telecommunications, the successful candidate will play a key role in the deployment of organization wide program/project management tools, standards, and metrics across multiple areas of the organization.
Day to day functions/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and attend program and project management meetings
- Track program/project progress and develop & issue consolidated results to sponsors
- Manage dependencies between projects and facilitate collaboration to resolve issues
- Partner with Agile teams to participate in Sprints, track progress, remove impediments
- Manage schedules within designated tools and identify risks, issues, and mitigations
- Maintain schedules, prepare and present scorecards, and deliver executive updates
- Developing and present business cases for the executive management team to justify resources to improve velocity
- Provide program/project budget oversight and reporting
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary team communications, assist in resolving priorities conflicts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of professional business operations and/or program/project management
- CPM, CSM, PMP certification a plus
- Familiar with Agile/Lean methodology, including tools associated with Agile Development
- Demonstrated ability to extract insights with ability to tie changes to risks, issues, and impact
- Solid understanding of telecommunications technologies, network architecture, and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interface cross functionally, as well as with various levels of management
- Expert presentation skills with a keen ability to visualize and convey concepts effectively
- Ability to manage and own projects in a cross-functional environment
- Results driven with an ability to make timely, creative and sound decisions under pressure
- Detail oriented, a fast learner, with the ability to adapt in an evolving environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing requests in a professional manner
Base salary range: $80,000 - $140,000
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time