Product Owner - Caliber Accounting Team
There are 69 million Americans who live in common interest communities and the FRONTSTEPS team is building powerful solutions to impact these residents and their community leaders. We believe that each member of the FRONTSTEPS family contributes to our end goal: helping our customers become safe, informed and efficient.
FRONTSTEPS is seeking a Product Owner to join the Caliber Accounting team. The Product team fuels product development, product quality and user engagement by representing the voice of the user. As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for leading the development of the FRONTSTEPS Caliber Accounting platform, as well as monitoring the quality and stability of the platform. You will work directly with Engineers, QA and internal constituents to enhance the platform, eviscerate bugs and shape product direction with user feedback. You will also serve as the face of the product to our internal and external customers, communicating known issues and evaluating and improving the product. This is a full-time position based in our Denver office.
- Have a deep understanding of the customer and serve as an advocate for the customer in the product
- Translate the product vision into clearly articulated end-to-end use cases and user stories that are consumable by engineering
- Hold teams accountable for delivery against the product roadmap
- Drive organizational visibility into product development progress and completion
- Work closely with QA to ensure product development delivery
- Work with the Product Manager, customers and sales to identify product features and priorities
- Work with customer support to identify product issues and help prioritize issues
- Lead agile teams through the development process including creating and maintaining the product backlog, creating user stories, sprint planning, managing the work in the sprints and defining acceptance criteria.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in product ownership or software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to use well known sprint management tools
- Ability to prioritize demands
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Slightly impatient to deliver impactful changes
- Experience with accounting software or financial technologies
- Understanding the technologies of building software products
- Agile experience
- Experience in B2B or B2C products