Product Manager Senior at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The position serves as a key leadership role within Zayo's Emerging Products group. In this role, you will transform customer and marketplace feedback into industry-leading products. As a leader, you will partner across stakeholder organizations within Zayo to drive strategies, develop products, and accelerate growth within the wireless and fiber infrastructure industries. You will bring a deep understanding of the moving parts in the continually evolving ecosystem and, as such, act as the Zayo subject matter expert. You keep abreast of industry trends, competitors, technology innovation, and regulatory developments.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced manager/director level employee to help drive the evolution of how Zayo’s networks can fuel innovation. If the future of technology excites you and you embrace the unconventional, we want to hear from you. Success in the role requires experience in strategy or development for 3+ years, demonstrated leadership working with senior customer executives, and hands-on ability to drive design. The ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Develop a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that demonstrates the growth of Zayo solutions around wireless and infrastructure solutions; communicate clear, concise plans and KPIs with Zayo senior leadership
- Develop and drive growth in products through management and leadership of various cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Own product market positioning including competitive analysis, value proposition, customer targeting, and subsequent pricing
- Enable sales and marketing teams with tools and materials to drive product growth
- Represent the company in customer meetings and with new prospects, including at the executive level. Speak at large engagements on Zayo infrastructure solutions
- Identify new potential accounts and strategic partners. Work with sales and marketing to create relationships with these new companies
- Identify new markets for Zayo infrastructure and opportunities for product expansion
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of strategy or product development experience in the telecommunications industry. Prior experience with wireless and infrastructure product development is a plus
- Education: Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred. MBA is a plus
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations and proposals. Must possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and customers
- Product Leadership: Proven ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives and drive momentum from the ground while keeping the big picture in focus. Prior experience in an Agile environment is beneficial
- Problem Solver: A demonstrated history of solving complex problems and ability to communicate solutions efficient and effectively
- Relationship Builder: Proven ability to build strong relationships with diverse groups and provide leadership across direct and indirect teams
- Financial Expertise: Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Independent: Independent, self-starter who effectively prioritizes competing deliverables. Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Organized: Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in the MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com and GIS, specifically ESRI's ArcMap, platforms are a plus
- CO pay range: $92,000-$128,835
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.