Director, Product at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The successful candidate will be intellectually agile and able to jump from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic discussion to tactical marketing execution to process improvement. This role will lead the Product Management effort for Zayo’s regional product unit. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced product manager to help drive the evolution of this business and have an immediate impact. No arms-length “consultative” approach here. Product management is responsible for delivering top and bottom line results. If you think this is you, I want to hear from you.
- OWN the commercial success of the Zayo business
- Be THE expert in your product realm as well as key evangelist
- Develop and drive activity to deliver on growth targets
- Be willing and readily able to flex between tactical execution and strategic deep thinking
- Develop effective process and process training to facilitate sales, service delivery and enable revenue
- Product Manager: 4-6 years of product management experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Prior sales experience a plus
- Education: Undergraduate degree with business/finance/economics focus. MBA a plus.
- Effective Communication: Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences
- Financial Analysis: Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, and financial analysis
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problem
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of product managers
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave