Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Zayo is seeking a Director of Product Management that will lead a team of product professionals tasked with delivering world-class products and experiences. This position serves as a key leadership role within Zayo’s Product Management group and is responsible for driving strategy and execution, while bringing thought leadership to modernize product life-cycle management. As a leader, you will partner across stakeholder organizations and be responsible for the oversight of research, design, development and overall product innovation, evolution and feature functionality.
As a key contributor to the Product & Technology team, you will partner with multiple core groups on activities related to development of the product roadmap, innovation, profitability, growth, positioning, and differentiation. This highly visible role reports to a VP in Product & Technology and will function within our overall Product Management group.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced manager/director level employee who wants to help drive the evolution of how Zayo’s networks can fuel innovation. Success in the role requires experience as a product management leader in a hyper-growth, fast evolving Telecom industry. The ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Responsible for execution of go to market strategy and product lifecycle management including innovation & evolution.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the wider Product & Technology teams to influence and optimize experiences for customer segments/verticals and product categories.
- Manage and influence cross-functional stakeholders to align priorities while balancing the strategic direction, setting go to market timelines, and effectively managing expectations.
- Bring a strategic mindset in evaluating and prioritizing competing requirements including new offerings, features, bug tech, and data debt - as well as general efficiency improvements.
- Working regularly with the scrum leads to refine and add detail where needed.
- Work with core product managers, business functional teams and engineering team to define deliverables for any given release within the product development lifecycle.
- Work with Reporting/Analytics teams to define meaningful metrics for gaining insights into user behavior, trends, insights and business impacts.
- Work closely with Engineering and UI/UX partners to effectively execute on deliverables.
- Lead the product management function including planning,road maps, initiative development, and deployment.
- Develop and drive growth in products through management and leadership of various cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Perform key analysis of product performance and related upstream and downstream elements including sales and engineering to provide key insights into ROI and influence future investments and strategies.
- Develop and measure objectives and KPIs.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and finance to develop offers and sales plays.
- Act as a subject matter expert, support key sales opportunities recommending solutions that satisfy the business need and support the product roadmap development.
- Function strategically and tactically to ensure that organizational objectives are met, and priorities are aligned to desired outcomes.
- Work across the entire product line life cycle, from strategic planning, day to day product development activities, new product introductions, and end-of-life activities.
- Lead a team of product managers tasked with delivering world-class products and services.
- Motivate the team towards a unified vision and provide strategic direction towards a best in class user experience vision.
- Be accountable for the performance and results of direct reports, teams, and area of responsibility.
- Define succession plan and people development strategy.
- Effectively manage performance management of team members.
- Guide and coach team members to drive a culture of inclusion & excellence.
- Proactively drive talent development, including conversations on career progression and individual development/growth plans.
- Embody and promote high engagement, performance and collaboration
- Build and maintain healthy relationships at all levels of the organization - evangelizing the team, aligning on common goals, and creating a shared vision.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science business, or MBA.
- 7-10 years of experience in a Product leadership role building products and managing pricing and licensing, in the $100's of millions.
- At least 5 years of experience leading product management teams.
- Established and tracked performance of market-level pricing strategies, with the goal of identifying and exploiting revenue opportunities in a highly competitive environment.
- Experience in product management of a Telecommunications company, SaaS and or cloud-based software products.
- Experience developing a personalized user experience based on user’s behavior expectations.
- Product management team leadership and personnel management is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write reports, business. correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations and proposals. Must possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and customers.
- Proven ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives and drive momentum from the ground while keeping the big picture in focus. Prior experience in an Agile environment is beneficial with the ability to embrace a “growth mindset”.
- A demonstrated history of solving complex problems and ability to communicate solutions efficiently and effectively.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with diverse groups and provide leadership across direct and indirect teams. Capable of working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and able to bring out the best in the team.
- Independent, self-starter who effectively prioritizes competing deliverables. Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Base salary range: $115,000-$145,000
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time