Director, Product Management
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This is the ultimate generalist position. The successful candidate will be intellectually agile and able to jump from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic discussion to tactical marketing execution to process improvement. This role will lead the Product Management effort for the Zayo Fiber Solutions product unit, supporting the West Region. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced product manager to help drive the evolution of this business and have an immediate impact. No arms-length “consultative” approach here. Product management is responsible for delivering top and bottom line results.
- Own the commercial success of the Zayo Fiber Solutions business in the West Region.
- Be the expert in your product realm as well as key evangelist.
- Develop and drive activity to deliver on growth targets.
- Be willing and readily able to flex between tactical execution and strategic deep thinking.
- Develop effective process and process training to facilitate sales, service delivery, and enable revenue.
- 4-6 years of product management experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Prior sales experience a plus.
- Undergraduate degree with business/finance/economics focus. MBA a plus.
- Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, and financial analysis.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problem.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of product managers.
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables.
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.