Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position leads the “Drum Beat” of the process and workflow across the Product & Technology team including leading/managing the Program Management team, the Finance and Analytics team, and a customer specific quoting, delivery, service management team under the Product & Technology function. The VP will work directly with the other leaders within the Product and Technology organization to determine process workflow and analytical outcomes associated with each of the Product & Technology initiatives as they relate to Zayo’s strategy. This role includes owning and having accountability related to the production and implementation of all product and technology inputs (eg. data, internal/external feedback) and outputs (new or extensions of products, technology, software, process) through the Product & Technology teams and more broadly across Zayo.
Program Management: The VP will be expected to build a world class program management structure and organization that supports the strategies and initiatives of the Product & Technology teams. This includes, hiring, building, training, and the management of the team with internal and external resources. This team is expected to build the processes and workflow that future programs will take through the strategy, innovation, engineering, software, factory. This team also includes ownership of migrations and integrations of certain data, tools, processes as it relates to acquisitions.
Finance and Analytics: The VP will be expected to have a deep understanding and accountability of financial and operational metrics/outcomes across the P&T function. Including product wide forecasting of financial and operational metrics as it pertains to company wide initiatives. This position will be expected to lead a team that develops tools and operating mechanisms to ensure complete command and control of the financial and operational outputs decided by P&T. This person will be responsible for the tracking and reporting of capital numbers as they relate to company and Product & Technology wide initiatives including the funding of initiatives and cadenced reporting out to executives on progress. The VP will also oversee the expense budgets for all of P&T including the forecasting / budgeting around headcount and non headcount related SG&A.
- Design and Build a world class program management function across the Product & Technology org that generates efficient and effective product and process outputs to the broader Zayo organization
- Design and build an integration playbook for all Product & Technology owned data and process from acquired companies
- Ownership and accountability for Zayo’s capital program and Product & Technology level budgets
- Analytical metric and KPI reporting for the Product & Technology teams to drive a deeper, more enriched understanding of their teams performance that can be actioned for improved results
- Chief of Staff style activities and responsibilities for the CPO
- Strong management skills, with particular emphasis on managing and developing program management and financial skill set
- Strong project management capabilities
- Strong propensity toward teamwork and collaboration to meet complex business requirements
- Competitive, goal oriented attitude towards sales and product enablement
- Ability to quickly learn a technical product-set
- Ability to quickly prioritize and be decisive with time commitments
- Experience in telecom is highly preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are required
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Candidates must possess excellent analytical judgment and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- High Energy individual with strong work ethic
- Must be a self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Base salary range in CO: $190,000-$230,000
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time