Workplace Operations Manager at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Our Workplace Operations Manager, reporting to the Senior Manager, Workplace Operations, will be an important addition to the Workplace team’s function and will have a huge impact on our company culture and workplace productivity. We are looking for someone with not only great technical & management expertise, but an upbeat and approachable attitude, impeccable customer service skills and a willingness to do whatever needs doing.
- Manages day to day facilities operations including Janitorial, HVAC, food service, and general maintenance for 70,000+ sq ft corporate headquarters
- Creating and executing internal company events and interface with external events
- Manages, supports and mentors the internal office team
- Owns all aspects of vendor management, including sourcing, contract negotiating, benchmarking, oversight, and on-going evaluation
- Manages relationship with Property Management for building operations and maintenance
- Oversees space planning and MAC (moves, adds, and changes)
- Manages special projects as needed, executing from beginning to completion
What you bring:
- 6+ years strategic and operational facilities management experience
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- Event management experience a plus
- IFMA CFM credential a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to collaborate and communicate across the office spectrum, from vendor to executive
- Experience with OfficeSpace, Envoy, Google Meets, Sonos, Teem and Zoom Rooms and/or other FM applications is a plus
- Ability to work in our Denver office
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $111,350-$131,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.