Gusto is seeking an experienced Office Manager to help us scale at Gusto! The Office Manager will serve as the face of Gusto, while partnering with the Environment Team to ensure that the office environment runs smoothly, and in parallel with our company culture and business objectives. This role comes with many opportunities to impact a rapidly scaling company!
You are collaborative and always willing to support others when needed. You are passionate about leading others. You have a strategic mindset, always looking for creative ways to streamline processes, save money, and up-level the office, all with a positive attitude.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage day to day operations including employee, candidate, and guest experience
- Ensure that the Front Desk/Reception is a clean, welcoming resource for guests and employees
- Keep the office clean, stocked, and organized across multiple floors, kitchens, conference rooms, and communal areas
- Manage all office vendors Ensure cost-effective, high-level service
- Plan and execute company-wide events
- Manage systems such as ticketing and company calendars
- Partner with the Gusto Environment Team in San Francisco, and provide ad-hoc support to other departments as necessary
- Be a Gusto culture keeper by upholding company traditions, finding new ways to delight the team, and providing excellent service to the company
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of experience in an office support role, ideally a scaling startup with 600+ employees
- 3+ years experience empowering an office operations team
- Calm under pressure, can effectively prioritize, multitask and manage time
- Strong project management and change management capabilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with the team at large and across office locations
- Organized, financial acumen
- Passion for service. Have a curiosity for people and enjoy stewarding an environment where everyone feels welcome
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.