Technical Implementation Engineer at Billtrust
Billtrust is seeking an Technical Implementation Engineer who will be responsible for the development of data mapping and logic to extract data from client files, as well as the task of designing customer bill templates to meet customer requirements. You will be involved with new builds, enhancements, and complex issue resolution. You will have the opportunity to be a key technical partner for new customer implementations while playing a critical role in the modifications for existing customers.
- Develop solutions with an eye towards efficiencies and repeatability so as to improve the turn-around time and quality of the team’s output
- Write Groovy scripts to parse and apply business logic to customer data
- Design and develop templates for the layout of customer bills
- Write custom reports and perform data manipulation through SQL scripts
- Perform analysis and resolution for assigned cases in a timely and high-quality manner
- Collaborate with Project Manager to analyze and clarify requirements
- Contribute to our knowledge management repository
- Recommend best practices, answer questions regarding feasibility issues, and serve as a subject matter expert on mapping and templating to support Customer Services, Professional Services, Sales, Business Development and Marketing
- Function as a “go-to” person for more complex and/or customer-sensitive mapping/templating projects and issues
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, automation, and tools within the Application Support team
- Energy, creativity, attention on detail, and an ability to learn quickly
- Ability to perform data analysis and develop SQL database queries, along with an understanding of RDBMS such as MySQL
- Unix/Linux experience nice-to-have
- Experience with storage file System/Network attached storage
- Exposure to Network Operations Center (NOC) nice-to-have
- Effective in communicating with cross-functional and distributed teams
- User Interface (UI) development experience and report writing experience nice-to-have
- Working knowledge of GMC/Quadient Inspire or Adobe InDesign a plus
- Prior experience with Agile/Kanban techniques nice-to-have
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.