Supply Chain Director Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees activities related to timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials as well as the purchase of materials, material controls and inventory controls.
• Establishes policies and procedures that ensure the economy and quality of equipment, materials and services purchased.
• Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures and implement solutions.
• Ensures comprehensive market analysis to determine vendor sources and product development.
• Responsible for sourcing and supplying products and services, as well coordinating global procurement efforts.
• Ensures availability of materials in the supply chain as scheduled and maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
• Ensures appropriate and most cost effective negotiation and award of contractual purchase agreements with vendors.
• Reviews financial reports of procurement activity and recommends changes in methods and procedures based on report outcome.
• Meets and confers with vendor representatives to discuss price changes, trade and cash discounts and delivery arrangements.
• Demonstrates effective leadership of for the department including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, employee development and employee relations issues.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of supply chain functions and procedures
• Knowledge of procurement procedures
• Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
• Proficiency to supervise, lead and manage effectively staff members
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various s levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others
• Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or corrective discipline
• Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures
• Proficiency to operate independently
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Senior director level role. This position is involved in managing and directing the work focused supply chain and procurement policies and procedures. Has extensive understanding of all supply chain and procurement policies and procedures. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Manages the activities of managers and/or individual contributors with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development; short-term operational/tactical responsibilities. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews of direct reports. Broad knowledge of the field with proven management skills. Typically requires ten or more years related experience with a minimum of two years leadership responsibility.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.